Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New hat from Panama Bob

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
Style & Quality

The hat is blocked in the Havana style and has, as best I can tell, 4-5 vueltas. It is in the 500+ wpsi class. "extra fine". The thing that strikes me about the hat is the color, it has this incandescent, creamy, satin glow to it that seems to go beyond the surface.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
I didn't count the vueltas, but from the photo of the inside of the hat I see at least 10, maybe 11 or 12. The vueltas are the concentric circles starting in the Rosetta (middle) all the way out to the top of the crown.

This was a pretty darn good looking hat, great weave, great color.

Michaelson

One Too Many
I'm going to have to break down someday and get one of Bob's hats. I haven't read a bad thing about one to date! :clap

High regards!

Michaelson

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Well, Sharpetoys, I think, mentioned that they are addictive. Depending on your viewpoint or spouse's viewpoint, that could be bad! :)

Brad

riccardo

Practically Family
Aquila,
you look very well in it!!!
Its a very very nice hat, i love its crown and the brim's shape, i see your sweatband and it's better than mine...tha hat band too:it's a very nice hat!
I've a three pleated hat band, but i prefer your, your is more elegant (for my choice).
A question for Bob: don't you put in it a liner?
Is so, the hat, more cooler?
Might I remove mine?
...Havana style...i'll remember it...!

With compliments to Aquila and Bob.
Riccardo.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
riccardo said:
A question for Bob: don't you put in it a liner?
Is so, the hat, more cooler?
Might I remove mine?
...Havana style...i'll remember it...!

With compliments to Aquila and Bob.
Riccardo.

We don't put a liner in the hats. Why put a liner in a work of art? We hear that people put the liner in to hide flaws.

nicolasb

Familiar Face
I think straw-type hats (e.g. panamas) are often not lined. One of the main reasons for wearing a "straw" hat is that is supposed to be cool in summer - reflects the heat from the sun, is light enough not to act as an insulator, and is well-ventilated because it is made of woven fibres rather than solid felt. If you were to line it with silk, that would block the flow of air and remove much of the advantage of it being woven.

riccardo

Practically Family
Yeah,
i'm agree with you!!
Is better to see the vueltas than the liner.
The liner keep a little hot, on today I prefer to leave it in, there are 30?Ǭ?C in the morning, but in the afternoon and in the evening the weather is colder and humid, the liner in help to keep my head warm.
Any advices about it?

Thanks.
Riccardo.

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
Thanks for kind words

Thanks for all the kind words and interest. My web site had 134+ views from Lounge members (and family/friends). I will most likely remove the pic's next week during a general cleanup of things.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looking for the right Panama

Hello, everyone.

I've been looking at Panama Bob's site and thinking about getting one of his hats for next summer, but I am kind of confused about the different styles and weaves. Does anyone have any advice as to what quality to buy?

Thanks. I'm new here and new to fedoras, but I am enjoying seeing everyone's hats and reading the banter here.

Bob

RBH

Bartender
BobC said:
Hello, everyone.

I've been looking at Panama Bob's site and thinking about getting one of his hats for next summer, but I am kind of confused about the different styles and weaves. Does anyone have any advice as to what quality to buy?

Thanks. I'm new here and new to fedoras, but I am enjoying seeing everyone's hats and reading the banter here.

Bob

Just drop Robert a PM and tell him what you are after...style ect ect.
He will then workwith you on the whole deal... He is great to deal with. And let me tell you the Price Is Right!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran