Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New, hatless and ashamed

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Did I hear someone say a round for the house on Caity!? :D

------------------

"Shooting event". My kinda' guy.

Wasz: Cogratulations - you have good taste. By that I mean you are aware that a fedora is a great accessory for a man, but you are also instinctively aware that there's something better out there than the modern 'cone-crown' tapered styles of today.

I believe you could get away with a variety of different brim widths including the size of brim in the photo, but the crown of your hat needs to be fuller, and more vertical. It's surprising how a boxy, upright crown on a classic hat makes a smaller brim look bigger because of the perpendicular break in angle where they transition to one another.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I want a drink too! Looks like you've started something Caity Lynn. ;)

WasZ, welcome to the Lounge. I'd have to agree with the majority of others here. Try some hats with wider brims, taller crowns, and little to no taper. Overall, the major thing I've learned from my time at the Lounge here, is that almost anyone can pull off a hat, you just have to find the dimensions and specifics that work for you. As far as I know, no one has ever come to the Lounge trying to find a hat that works for them, and eventually had to leave shrugging their shoulders defeated. There's a wealth of information here (just look at the "What hat are you wearing today" thread, and you'll see a tremendous range of hat styles and shapes that work for a broad range of body types and face shapes that are the members of this forum).

Don't be afraid to go out and try on as many hats as you can. When you get a hold of something, see how you feel about it, and the others here will do their best to give you their honest impressions as well. We'll get ya in a hat that's right for you in no time!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Don't be afraid to experiment. And at the end of the day I think you should go with what YOU like and feel good wearing. There are many hat styles and the choice of look is yours to make. The hat should be a pleasure to wear and will express your own sense of style in the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace