Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Johnson Leathers jacket

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Many have admired my wrinkly old Johnson.

Johnson Leathers has prices on their web site, pjstrass:

http://www.johnsonleather.com/jackets.htm

Prices do go up for custom work. But with Aero's new
pricing, they will still seem reasonable, depending on what you want.

BTW, they can get the same Horween chrome tanned FQHH everyone
loves so much on Aero jackets. But it puts them in the same price
bracket or higher than Aero.

buler

I'll Lock Up
NewEnglandCliff said:
Searching for my next jacket design and found this thread. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Naked cow and all. That biswing back design is more functional than Aero's and others. Theirs is more for looks but yours looks like it actually works. Schott has a good desing as well. Aero also insists on giving more belly room than needed, even after measurements and me asking for a smaller waist. I have to cinch the straps on both my half belt and Highwayman. I'd rather have a trimmer waist with no straps.

So now that several months have passed Buler, has your view of the jacket changed at all? How is it holding up? Would you change anything?

Looks great on you...a classic.

NEC

NewEnglandCliff, after wearing this jacket a lot I still love it. I wore the Johnson in today and just gave it a good looking over. The quality is top notch. All stitching still neat and tight. Lining shows no wear. The arm holes are cut high and small which gives the jacket great arm movement. Very comfortable and warm. I've worn it many times during this winter in temps down to near zero. I can't recommend Johnson Leather enough.

The only thing I would change on the jacket would be the cuff diameter. I had measured my hand around the widest point with thumb and pinky touching to get a circumference and added a little to this when ordering the jacket. Also got storm cuffs. If I was ordering again I would tighten up the cuff circumference and possibly eliminate the storm cuffs. This is very nitpicky and just my personal preference. But I like the cuff to hit my hand right at the end of the wrist.

B

buler

I'll Lock Up
Someone pm'd me and asked me to post some current pictures. Here is the jacket over 2.5 years later. Not much to report. Still love it. It hardly shows any wear. The grain of the leather is very nice. Lining is holding up great.

B

johnson_1.jpg

johnson_2.jpg

johnson_3.jpg

johnson_4.jpg

johnson_5.jpg

too much coffee

Practically Family
buler...........Super looking jacket that gets better with time. Naked cow always reminds me of goatskin.......somewhat pebbly, hard wearing and doesn't seem to show "character marks" as easily as some othe hides. Your jacket is a testimonial to the first class work done by Johnson Leathers. Thanks for the recent pics.

Regards,
coffee

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I like the leather strip inside at the bottom of the hem. I had a Lost World's Ryder with that same leather strip and ordered my Aero 30's HB with the leather strip even though it was an additional fee. Many people say it isn't necessary, but it appears to be standard on quite a number of other maker's jackets.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari