Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Lost Worlds Leather Pea Coat

Peacoat

Bartender
Although I hear the Orangecrush is nice. Your other gear sounds very vintage?

Yep, everything else is vintage, except for the Pignose. A new skin that looks vintage on a fairly new body that hit the market in 1972.

Seb is just jealous because it is too heavy for him to wear. The genesis is not Russian, but, as far as back as I can go, is German submarine crew. The KBG had an entirely different style.

When you wear this coat, it is important to take on the presence and personality of Jurgen Prochnow.

dr.velociraptor

One of the Regulars
It fits ok and nice jacket, but for my money unless you're a six foot four ex-KGB goon, they never quite fit right. These kinds of jackets are sartorial overstatement.

So it's not just me you're a board curmudgeon too?

Although I do agree, I could never pull that jacket off, way too much of a statement.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
dmdmorriis: Nice Peacoat. That will be my next purchase.

Word: I am more into the Fender tweeds. I have a 1956 tweed Bassman, a 1957 tweed Fender Champ, a tweed Pignose, an Orangecrush (British practice amp), and an old Gibson amp--maybe 1949? Probably a few more around somewhere. PC.

I was in a band called Orange Overdrive, named after our bass player's amp. We weren't very good.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
dmdmorriis: Nice Peacoat. That will be my next purchase.

Word: I am more into the Fender tweeds. I have a 1956 tweed Bassman, a 1957 tweed Fender Champ, a tweed Pignose, an Orangecrush (British practice amp), and an old Gibson amp--maybe 1949? Probably a few more around somewhere. PC.

Sorry for taking the thread "off-topic" but man them some sweet amps you mention PC. Me, personally, I've always considered Tweed covered amps "too pretty for work". You know what gigs are like, or used to be like, bumping and grinding, loading and un-loading, spilled beer, the smell of stale cigs. Phew... I love your taste in amps but they'd sit home, like my 1968 Fender Jazz and my '68 Gibson Recording Bass, too dear to risk distruction!

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Worf, good eye. That's my son Jake's. He is 17 and has been playing the bass, both upright and electric for 5 years. He's into Jazz, Soul and RnB. Loves Miles, Ray Brown and Paul Chambers. He has studied with some pretty big bass players: Avery Sharpe among others. You can hear him at www.soundcloud.com/jakemorrismusician

Dave

I hit the link several times but I can't get in to get the goodness! Arrrgh! I love hearing the "new breed".

Worf

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
Worf,

After the Facebook page loads, you will see his photography and his recordings.

Dave

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
Worf,

With the soundcloud link, after you hit it, and loads there should be a list (recorded files) of his songs. Sometimes you have to click on a file several times and then wait for it to load and then make sure the play button is selected.

Dave

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Seb is just jealous because it is too heavy for him to wear. The genesis is not Russian, but, as far as back as I can go, is German submarine crew. The KBG had an entirely different style.

You're right, of course, Peacoat. I was just using hyperbole. As it happens I used to own a dark green jacket just like this that was a German police jacket. I looked silly and got in too many fights thanks to the look. As a weedy bean pole I quickly got rid of it. Our friend here looks far better that I ever did.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up

You're right, of course, Peacoat. I was just using hyperbole. As it happens I used to own a dark green jacket just like this that was a German police jacket. I looked silly and got in too many fights thanks to the look. As a weedy bean pole I quickly got rid of it. Our friend here looks far better that I ever did.

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
It fits ok and nice jacket, but for my money unless you're a six foot four ex-KGB goon, they never quite fit right. These kinds of jackets are sartorial overstatement.

Seb,

I would LOVE to see you post some pics of you in some of your jackets.

Dave

Last edited:

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
Where's the head? Or was that taken off in the fight?
Otherwise, actually a good fit.

Dave

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, the fit was a surprise becuase the jacket is only 25.5 inches long and I normally like them 27 inches. It's cut long at the front which helps. Oh, my head's off being drycleaned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass