Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Panama coming in...

D

dzacca

My brother just called to inform me that a package from Panama (with a customs 'fee of 21 Euros ( about 28 USD)... :rage: ) just arrived :)

He asked if he had to accept the package... lol (sure you have!!! What a stupid question!!! I've been waiting for all this weeks.... ;) )

I wonder which one this could be... I ordered both a cuenca and a montecristi from Panamabob... argh... I'll have to with until this evening...

Achille

Familiar Face
Arrrgh, you are caught my friend. Your hat will be soooo beautifull that it will very hard to wait for ordering another one :( .
Hopefull we have a very bad summer to prevent me from this:eusa_doh:

J.M.

D

dzacca

Ok, just arrived home.

The Cuenca arrived and it's terrific!!! If this hat is so cute I wonder how the montecristi would be!!!!

Here two quick shot:

P1000158.jpg

P1000159.jpg

Sorry, I used the flash inside my room, I don't have a tripod so I was unable to take a photo in the sunlight...

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Great hat

Diego,

As it seems you also entered the slope of Panama hat addiction...:D

Promise you will stop when your hats stapled on each other will be higher than your room height or when their accumulated weight is higher than yours.

This Cuenca is very nice - what was the block style you ordered from PanamaBob?

It is definitely different from a Montecristi in the weave and that the Montecristi doesn't have hardly any stiffener.
What does it mean in practice - you will soon find out:) .
The Cuenca will be the more frequently used hat for casual elegance, like on the photo, the Montecristi when Diego lives the Dandy - with nice Italian suit, shirt and shoes!!!;)

Regards:

Tom

P.S: Nice Belt!

D

dzacca

HungaryTom said:
Diego,

As it seems you also entered the slope of Panama hat addiction...:D

Promise you will stop when your hats stapled on each other will be higher than your room height or when their accumulated weight is higher than yours.

LOL lol I'll try... but no promise ;)

I need just one more, and than... another one more... and than... You guess... ANOTHER ONE!!! lol

HungaryTom said:
This Cuenca is very nice - what was the block style you ordered from PanamaBob?

That's the Caballero

HungaryTom said:
It is definitely different from a Montecristi in the weave and that the Montecristi doesn't have hardly any stiffener.
What does it mean in practice - you will soon find out:) .

I hope so... Italian customs retained the Cuenca for about 2 weeks... and now it's holiday season... I'm a bit worried...

HungaryTom said:
The Cuenca will be the more frequently used hat for casual elegance, like on the photo, the Montecristi when Diego lives the Dandy - with nice Italian suit, shirt and shoes!!!;)

That's not a problem, my aunt is a dressmaker :D

I just bought a few fabrics for new suits... :rolleyes:

HungaryTom said:
P.S: Nice Belt!

Thank you! :D

Duck

Practically Family
Great looking Panama, Diego!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
It suits you very well!! The block looks very nice.

D

dzacca

Panamabob said:
Actually, this Cuenca has the same weave pattern as the Montecristi, is soft, supple, and a very nice hat.

I can only double Robert's comment.

I was gladly surprised when I took the hat out of the box. It's really, really soft, much more than I expected. I thought that the cuenca'd be somehow stiff, instead this one is so soft...

Hope the montecristi arrives soon :)

P.S. Robert, have you got any news from Espinal family? Did you manage to find out what happened?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot