Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New possessions...

mikepara

Practically Family
9134_1.jpg

9092_1.jpg

Unknown ACW2

99b6_1.jpg

This is a Squad / group of F.A.N.Y girls!

7024_1.jpg

707f_1.jpg

1920's armoured cars. Superb.

7f8a_1_b.jpg

WW1 Belgian armoured car.

mikepara

Practically Family
6fc1_1_b.jpg

710e_1.jpg

1930's clothing factory girls. [mainly]

fe52_1.jpg

1920's British photo album.

de82_1.jpg

VR Submarine Miner Royal Engineers Siver Officers Buttons.

89c1_1_b.jpg

German Navy Convoy Norway. WW2 Kriegsmarine. A2 print

mikepara

Practically Family
Bit of Both!

Some searching and OFAS for a few. I'm always getting stuff I would love to share but not everyones interested. It just smacks of showing off to some I suppose. [huh]

RAF Man

One of the Regulars
It's just nice to see something that is getting harder to find or in such good condition these days, I don't think anyone would think of it as showing off. It's historical and it's very interesting.:)

RAF Man

One of the Regulars
FANY

First Aid Nursing Yeomanry

The First Aid Nursing Yeomanry (Princess Royal's Volunteer Corps) (FANY(PRVC) - pronounced Fanny) is a British independent all-female unit and registered charity affiliated to, but not part of, the Territorial Army.

It was formed as the First Aid Nursing Yeomanry in 1907 as a first aid link between the field hospitals and the front lines, and was given the yeomanry title as all its members were originally mounted on horseback.

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
mikepara said:
Some searching and OFAS for a few. I'm always getting stuff I would love to share but not everyones interested. It just smacks of showing off to some I suppose. [huh]

I know exactly what you mean. It's the way you are brought up - the time and place. I find it very difficult to post photos etc. of items I own(or of myself) on the web because of 1940s British working-class cultural inhibitions about exhibitionism. It's a different world today.

Alan

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
RAF Man said:
First Aid Nursing Yeomanry

The First Aid Nursing Yeomanry (Princess Royal's Volunteer Corps) (FANY(PRVC) - pronounced Fanny) is a British independent all-female unit and registered charity affiliated to, but not part of, the Territorial Army.

It was formed as the First Aid Nursing Yeomanry in 1907 as a first aid link between the field hospitals and the front lines, and was given the yeomanry title as all its members were originally mounted on horseback.

Despite being sadly American, I do still always snicker a wee bit at the F.A.N.Y

D...who is just that immature sometimes....

RAF Man

One of the Regulars
Miss Neecerie said:
Despite being sadly American, I do still always snicker a wee bit at the F.A.N.Y

D...who is just that immature sometimes....

Yes, I know, it has other connotations here in the UK to the American one, which can raise a smile or a giggle when used. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay