Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"New" Stetson

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I got another hat on Ebay today.
It was one of these 1 picture deals, so I hope it's as good all around as it looks in this shot.
58e2_1.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah, I saw that one Dman. It looks like it could be a winner. The crown looks nice and tall.

Razzman

One Too Many
Yeah, that was a great looking hat. I was watching it, but got busy with some work around the house and forgot about it. Good luck, it looks like a keeper. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
It came today. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but it's still nice.
The feather was dead, so I swapped it out.

IMG_2879-1.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2882.jpg

IMG_2884.jpg

IMG_2878.jpg

A 1950s Stetson. Good score if the price was right. Just compare it to a modern Hatco and see the reaaallll difference. ;) :D
The sweatband l;ooks in good shape. The detailing was done right. The stitching looks even and tight. Nice liner. I think we have a winner. :eusa_clap

Regards,

J

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Thanks, I like this hat very much. The only thing I'm not wild about is the sweatband. It's only 1-1/2 inches wide, which just looks a little weird to me.[huh]
Anybody know when they switched from the wide sweats to these narrower textured ones?
It's going to make a great spring hat.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:
Anybody know when they switched from the wide sweats to these narrower textured ones?

I'm curious about this, too. Also, when did Stetson switch over to the rectangular size tag?

I would have guessed that this kind of size tag, combined with the narrow sweat and that particular liner logo would indicate a 60's hat, but it's only a guess...

Cheers,
Jimmy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart