Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New To Me Custom Brown Vanson PLU-3 (Long Comet)

t-ray

New in Town
Hi Loungers, thought it was time I actually contributed to this site after lurking for so long. I've gleaned a lot of useful information that has shaped my buying habits for hats and leather coats. To date I have a couple of Open Road hats (one vintage Stetson and one custom made for me by Jaxonbilt Hats in Idaho); a couple of Dobbs fedoras; and my jackets - an Aero cordovan FQHH Cheyenne and a black Vanson Enfield.

Anyway, I added to that meagre collection yesterday with the purchase of a custom Vanson PLU-3 in a lovely brown competition weight steer hide, purchased from a fellow lounger. Now, my Aero Cheyenne is an awesome coat, but lets face it, it's an armoured box and not exactly photogenic! This new Vanson, now that's a different story, so I thought I'd post a couple of photos as I know there are some big Vanson fans here (HD, Peacoat to name a couple from whom I 've learned a lot in my lurking years!).

Hope you like it.

Unzippedbodyamparms_zps491a1673.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ZippedUpBodyampArms_zps0adffcae.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Worf

I'll Lock Up
As a recent Vanson Owner myself all I can say is.....

NICE!!!!!!!

I also love the fact that it's not your typical brown... Well Done!!!!

Worf

t-ray

New in Town
Thank for the positive responses. I do intend to use this primarily as a riding jacket. I have more serious stuff for when i'm touring or long days in the saddle - Vanson Cobra Mk 2 jacket and Vanson Traveller pants, but this would be my cruising around town jacket, good enough to wear when off the bike.

Good to finally "meet" you HD, though my wife has warned me about people like you - she thinks I already have a sick addiction, and you can count my jackets on one hand !!

Worf, I agree with you on the colour - that and the cafe styling really sold it to me. Thanks for the kind words Ghost rider.

IXL

One Too Many
You might find yourself wearing that jacket more and more. I too have a Sportrider but find myself wearing the Model B jacket quite a bit, both on and off the bike. If it was a cool brown, definitely more.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Good to finally "meet" you HD, though my wife has warned me about people like you - she thinks I already have a sick addiction, and you can count my jackets on one hand !!

You are correct: HD is your worst nightmare (and your wife's). HD has been a horrible influence on me and directly responsible for my buying several jackets over the years! :D

BTW that Vanson appears to be a perfect fit, although it is completely unacceptable for you stop with only one. ;)

jimmer_5

Practically Family
That looks great on you! I am glad that it worked out so well fit-wise. I love the clean look of the PLU-3

t-ray

New in Town
Thanks for the continued compliments, it really is a great jacket and further cements my love for Vanson products.

And Fanch, I have discovered there's an even worse nightmare than HD. He goes by the name of Jimmer_5 on the Lounge. He's a snake charmer extraordinaire . I fell for his charms with this Vanson, only to immediately fall prey to his crafty ways again .... I'll just say it involves a custom Aero 50s Halfbelt - stay tuned for a new thread coming soon !! ;)

mattp

One of the Regulars
Hi, great looking jacket and fit! I've got the same one in black, I'd LOVE one in that brown. Is it made in the US or El Salvador? I wonder how one would go about acquiring such a jacket...

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks great, you have to love a brown Cafe Racer style jacket, not exactly an exotic colour but just "different" enough from the typical Black to make it stand out in a good way. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot