Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

new to the lounge

jspott

New in Town
hello i am posting after lurking for a while. I live in iowa not the center of the vintage lifestyle but i do run a historic site. I live at and maintain Four Mounds a 100 year old gentlemans farm/estate. I found the lounge researching the 1930's. I have been helping put our photo archives online we have 400 golden era photos of the site up so far. I am not a computer person so I do not know how to add the link but it can be found by googleing iowa heritage digital collection four mounds.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Welcome

Glad to have an Iowan aboard. I spent eighteen months in Sioux City
while in grammar school, and my brother attended Loras College--his
graduation was the last time I visited....:)

neon_martini64

New in Town
Hi..I'm new to the Lounge.

Hi All,

I'm so happy to have found this joint. I hope to find others of like mind and interests.

About me:

Forty something, employed in high-tech and have too many hobbies and just a few vices.

My dad (R.I.P.) loved hats and passed that passion down to me. He taught me about style, accroutements, what it means to be a gentleman and how to make my way in the world. I have aquired some of his vintage collection and hope to aquire more. My mom gives them to me as gifts and there's many more, I'm told.

I long for the day when men & women will once again wear the styles of the Golden Era. I hope we as a group can break the "Trash'n Fashion" trends of the last 40 years and get back to what's great.. What's old is new again. A couple of years ago, a group of friends and I started a gentlemens club. It's been 'dormant' due to some personal issues, but I'm trying to get it going again. Perhaps there's a new member or two among you?

That's about it for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic