Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Whippet

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
I've gotten super lucky the past couple months, and landed two hats that are absolutely perfect for me. First I picked up my Hardeman, courtesy of Reetpleat, and just scored this little beauty on e-bay:

Whippet02.jpg

WhippetLiner.jpg

WhippetLabel.jpg

Whippet01.jpg

Fits like it was made for me, too, and fills the gap I had for a dress hat in a brown tone. It's got more brown tones than the pictures show, and is actually a sort of taupe or greyish brown. I think it will be a pretty versatile hat, looking as sharp with grey or navy as it will with earth tones. The brim is 2.5", and the crown is about 5.5" open, and about 4-3/4" with the deep center bash I have in it now.

With my darker grey Adam (courtesy of Dinerman), I have a hat the stable of hats I've been wanting!

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beautiful hat MJ, don't you just love when a sale works out well.

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Oh, I feel bashful. I searched for "New Posts" and saw this thread. When I clicked on it, I expected to see pictures of a puppy! I had no idea that a whippet was a hat, too lol

I don't know much about hats, but it's a good looking one and you look sharp, Mojave Jack! The only thing better would have been a whippet puppy wearing your whippet :D

Johnnysan

One Too Many
GoldLeaf said:
Oh, I feel bashful. I searched for "New Posts" and saw this thread. When I clicked on it, I expected to see pictures of a puppy! I had no idea that a whippet was a hat, too lol

I don't know much about hats, but it's a good looking one and you look sharp, Mojave Jack! The only thing better would have been a whippet puppy wearing your whippet :D

GoldLeaf...You are obviously a lady of exquisite taste!

A lift of the lid to Mojave Jack for his excellent score and to RedPop for his photographic memory! ;) lol

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Johnnysan said:
GoldLeaf...You are obviously a lady of exquisite taste!

A lift of the lid to Mojave Jack for his excellent score and to RedPop for his photographic memory! ;)

blush.gif
Why, thank you, Johnnysan! All you handsome gents make it easy with yours (good taste)!

And your avatar is wonderful, after RedPop mentioned it, I remembered seeing the picture somewhere. Too cute! I can appreciate it a bit more now that I know this bit of information about hats. Very witty!

vonwotan

Practically Family
Great hat! I reaaly like whippets in all shapes and sizes...

I don't recommend you attempt wearing just any whippet on your head.
444168247_57d0849fa5_m.jpg

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Wow! Thanks for all the kind words, folks!

I gotta say, I think the Whippet is the single most popular hat here at the FL, followed closely by the Stratoliner. Now I see why! This is a great hat!

I found the price tag, which is $10.95. Unfortunately that's not very helpful, going by Jimmy the Lid's table, but it must be 1950s, if it went up a buck. Still, it's a great, soft felt, and not at all stiff like my first Royal Deluxe. I didn't realize how much difference there could be between models.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR