Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New William Lennon Derby Boot - Singular!

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
Your pictures jimmer_5 did it for me. I ordered a pair of 78PTC Derby Boots with the same options as you got. Thanks a million for sharing!

A few Comparison shots with my orginal Lennon Derby Boots:

WilliamLennonComparison01.jpg

WilliamLennonComparison02.jpg

WilliamLennon78PTCDerbyBoot00.jpg

WilliamLennon78PTCDerbyBoot01.jpg

WilliamLennon78PTCDerbyBoot02.jpg

luke

New in Town
Those are some damn nice looking boots! Was looking at getting a pair myself a few years back but ended up with a pair of Redwings instead. Will have to get put on 'the list'.... :p

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
My William Lennon 78PTC Derby Boots turned up today and I couldn't be happier. They are identical to jimmer_5's, two inches taller and no holes on the toe cap. Wonderful!
The only downer is I forgot to mention I wanted a rubber half sole so after wearing them around the house for an hour I dropped them off at my favorite cobbler to sort that out.
Thanks again jimmer_5.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
I know I'm going to sound like an idiot(not the first time)if they shipped 1 boot at a time for 30 pounds wouldn't it be cheaper to get both for 50 pounds,you see what I'm saying 30X2=60?

jimmer_5

Practically Family
I know I'm going to sound like an idiot(not the first time)if they shipped 1 boot at a time for 30 pounds wouldn't it be cheaper to get both for 50 pounds,you see what I'm saying 30X2=60?

I asked about it at the time, and they said that the way the postal system works, the price does not go up proportionally with the weight. It actually costs less to send two lighter packages, than one package that weighs the same as the two packages combined. It's kooky, but it's true. In addition, shipping from Great Britain to the USA is more costly than shipping from the USA to Great Britain.

Papperskatt

Practically Family
I assume that the 30 pounds was for both the packages, i.e. 15 pounds for one boot and then another 15 pounds for the other one.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Interestingly, when my boots arrived, they came together.
Mine are the Waxy Tan and I have to say, I'm very happy with them.

galopede

One of the Regulars
I won this pair of brand new Lennon Ammo boots on the bay a few weeks ago for the princely sum of £56! A bargain!

The guy selling them had had them custom made with six lace holes and slightly lower for some reason. He was then given another pair of boots for Christmas and decided to sell these.

Perfect fit and very comfortable. Built like the proverbial brick s**thouse! They will see me out I reckon.

lenboots.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner