Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Years Eve

Marzena

One of the Regulars
Me and my man will do the old fashioned: go to an End of Year Ball. All the trimmings: black tie, sit down supper, all night bar. It has been organised by people inviting people they knew and those in turn inviting people they knew. Mid November there were enough to book an entire (small) hotel. It is out of Warsaw too, which brings the price down no end. Am SO looking forward to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Sounds lovely Marzena.

I will be staying en famille this year, with my son and his friend. We will no doubt cook a nice supper and then i will let them stay up late and watch me fall asleep on the sofa.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Each year we have a few old friends ( three couples) stay over for the holiday. New Years Eve we have a light dinner, and enjoy a quiet evening, with conversation and we listen to the radio (Dismuke's New Year's program) until 11:00, then tune in Guy Lombardo on the TV.

At midnight we enjoy a buffet supper with all of the usual stuff. New Years Day we rise late, serve a VERY light breakfast, and have a traditional dinner (Kendlo-Vepro-Zelo, or Pork, Sauerkraut and Dumplings, with lentils to insure prosperity in the coming year) and relax. The day after New Year's we all pile into the car and take a little trip. This year, to the Henry Ford Museum, I think.

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
I always have the "dream" of going out somewhere special with my husband and having a big celebration. But there's really no place to go around here. So we've sort of developed the tradition of staying in with the kiddos (my youngest was thrilled to *finally* make it to midnight last year without falling asleep!), watch the Times Square stuff, and sip some champaign (we have mimosas the next morning with the leftovers). We make a big plate of nibbles (sausage balls always, and other various tid bits).

I guess my real dream is that as our girls get older and gain significant others, we'll end up having a family do. It may never happen, but hey, I can dream. Of course, as Miss Sophia said, I too usually pass out on the sofa! Especially after a glass or two of bubbly!

Heather

Practically Family
We never do anything. In fact, we're usually in bed before midnight. What a couple of old farts, eh? ;) Oh well, i don't like being on the roads on new years eve anyways. The last time I remember being up at midnight was when our youngest was born(12/28)....5 years ago. lol I'll have to put champagne on the grocery list tho...I've been curious about mimosa's! *off to search for a recipe*

We will have a large Deli tray set up on the coffee table in the family room...along with my wife's freshly baked bread. She will have a Margerita and I will probably crack the seal on some Jameson..or stick to coldbeer...and probably a bottle of champagne. My Son and I will play video games as we have since he was very small. After he easily makes me look like an amateur..we will watch the ball drop. :party:
HD

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
We never do anything. In fact, we're usually in bed before midnight. What a couple of old farts, eh? ;) Oh well, i don't like being on the roads on new years eve anyways. The last time I remember being up at midnight was when our youngest was born(12/28)....5 years ago. lol I'll have to put champagne on the grocery list tho...I've been curious about mimosa's! *off to search for a recipe*

ohhh... Mimosa's are good. I might have to add that stuff to my list. :)

RichardH

One of the Regulars
I have followed the same procedure for quite some time now, and it works!

First, I start off with a nice turkey-dinner with my family, and at around 1900-hours, I usually go to a friends place and party until the next day arrives (6-7 AM Jan 1st.) . We're also going to launch a lot of fireworks during the evening, which is a lot of fun.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I try to stay off the roads on NYE. There are several house parties in the neighborhood so we'll probably try to hit a few, ending at a friend's place that overlooks the midnight fireworks display.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn