Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEWS BOY CAPS

carter

I'll Lock Up
just_me, Those caps look fine. When can we see photos of you under them? As you know, we like pictures of loungers in their hats! :)
just_me said:
I know it's usually guys wearing caps, but I've always loved cap (and fedoras). I have a couple of old Kangol (made in England) caps that my father gave me years and years ago. I wear them occasionally when it's cold enough or when I go to cold weather to visit.

Photos don't do them justice.

DSC_0048A.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

just_me

Practically Family
carter said:
just_me, Those caps look fine. When can we see photos of you under them? As you know, we like pictures of loungers in their hats! :)

All right, but ignore the unphotogenic woman under the hats. lol

DSC_0051.jpg
DSC_0055.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
tracyam said:
I emailed them about exchanging the hat and suggested that maybe I got the wrong cut. She replied that I did get the right cut it's just they are handmade and all different. I can appreciate that but this is way too similar to the medium cut or deep cut shown on their website. She suggested I buy the extra full cut hat as well for comparative purposes but I'm just not made out of money these days, especially around the holidays. So I'm sending it back and hope that it doesn't take another 3 weeks to get it again. :(
Even if they are handmade there should be sizing patterns to follow. I assume you are exchanging it for the extra full? Please follow up here with pics. I want to order from this company but your experience is scaring me off.

Here is another of my Hannah brand caps. This one is a size small and snug but it does the job.
DSC06487.jpg

oldgimpy1

New in Town
i just ordered a cap from bware and emailed brett a few times,i was going to get a wider brim but he talked me out of it.....it was only 5 dollars extra and a leather sweat was only 2 but i'll try the suede first....besides it will give me an excuse to order another one

just wanted too add the add ons are a great price but i'll try a stock hat first

toobacat

One of the Regulars
oldgimpy1 said:
i just ordered a cap from bware and emailed brett a few times,i was going to get a wider brim but he talked me out of it.....it was only 5 dollars extra and a leather sweat was only 2 but i'll try the suede first....besides it will give me an excuse to order another one

just wanted too add the add ons are a great price but i'll try a stock hat first

Why did he talk you out of the wider brim?

oldgimpy1

New in Town
yes...i'll try it first,it should look alright,all the pics i saw look nice....if not i'll buy another one with a wider brim....

he said most people have been happy with the way they're made now....seemed like a nice guy,had no problem e-mailing him and he's aware of fedora lounge and this thread..

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I got a new cap yesterday. It's a Jaxon "Big Apple" from Village Hat Shop. I'm not convinced the look "is me". Any thoughts?

DSC02872.jpg

DSC02873.jpg

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Feraud said:
Their website shows this hat in one size only.
Can I ask your usual hat size and how this one fits you?

Thanks to all for the positive comments. I'll give the bill a "crease" as you suggest. It's taking a bit of time, but I'm getting to like the look a little better. I've worn a hat for so long, than anything else seems to looks funny to me. [huh] Well, maybe not "funny", but just "different".

As to the size question: I wear a 7 5/8 extra long oval. The cap could be bigger, but it does fit reasonably well. I do, however, keep my hair cut really close, and if I had a "normal" haircut I doubt seriously that the hat would fit at all. Also, it is not as heavy-weight as I would have expected; but that's not a complaint, it's just an observation. All-in-all, for a cap that cost less than $20, I am pleased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80