Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newsboy: Hannah or Hat People?

carolina

New in Town
Hi... Not-Bogart13......There seems to be a question of which HP cut you are wearing. Some one at HP could probably tell you if you got in touch with them, as they keep really good records of peoples' orders. Cheers!!

univibe88

One Too Many
I just ordered two HP hats - one for myself and a Christmas present for myself. I can't wait!

I will say that so far the customer service is excellent. I ordered an xtra full for my daughter. But they emailed me advising against it because of the small size. I simply responded saying that I trust their judgement.

RockyNomad

Familiar Face
I have it on good authority that Hat People has just added 2 new Pendelton wools to their website Newsboy line.

Yeah, I just noticed them. Very nice. One appears to be darker than the other. The lighter one seems to have, what looks like, a pink stripe running through the pattern. I'm not sure which one would be more versatile. I like things about both. No, I'm not going to buy both but I'm sure someone will still make the suggestion.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just know that when I get another one, I want one like I had as a teenager, c. 1974- i.e.- one w/ a nice thin leather sweat. Sorry, but satin or grosgrain just don't cut it. On top of that, real Harris tweed would be nice as well.

Pat_H

A-List Customer
I'm late to this thread, but I have a Hannah and a Bwear and like both. I've tended to wear the Bwear more, which is overall smaller and does have a shorter brim. Recently I've been wearing the Hannah quite a bit. It's a really well made cap. I just think it took me some time to get used to the size of it, which is overall larger.

Adnamira

A-List Customer
I don't understand. Perhaps Brett's caps seem that way as the top of his caps are more full and, to my thinking, much more vintage looking and correct? It may be a matter of proportion as you view them.
I have caps from B!Wear and Hat People and the HP one
never gets worn. I look like a Maoist zealot in it.

Can't speak for Hannah but it looks nice here.
I wouldn't dismiss B!Wear out of hand.

Hehe, you know Kangol make a hat called the 'mau cap'. Someone told me one of my caps, not hp, looked like the sort of cap that the Khmer Rouge wore. Then there are people who say people who wear fedoras look like gangsters. I know what you mean about the hat people cap though. I like mine because of the cloth brim - I like the way it curves naturally around my forehead (and wraps around my temples), whether you wear it higher up or lower on your head, and find stiffened brims very irritating now. I wouldn't mind if the brim was a little longer, but then it would require a stiffener I think. I find that if you wear the hp cap higher up on your forehead, the crown comes forward more and looks more newsie; if you pull it down you get the cadet cap style look. I rode around on an ATV about 30km/hr last night and the crown didn't budge; though I am sure it would at higher speeds. The advantage of not having a snap is that it enables women and the bohemian types to curl the hem under the back and pull the crown back without the snaps sitting there, so it increases their market (unisex) I am guessing. In the end I guess it depends on what you are looking for, and you can't please all the people all of the time, no matter what you do. I always think felt hats don't look real good until they are almost worn out, and I think wool caps are probably a bit that way too.

The main reason I am going for the hp at the moment is that it has the non stiffened brim, it has a cotton lining (I'm not a fan of satin linings), and they are washable. I haven't looked into the b! wear yet - they look a good consistant quality in the photos I've seen.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff