Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newsboy Hat Questions

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I noticed that the caps at B'Wear's site have the visor positioned between the seams of two of the panels. The caps I own have a seam between panels positoned above middle of the visor. Then I noticed in the gallery pictures that some of his customers had caps with the visor positioned like mine with a seam in the center of the visor. I therefore assume he would position the visor as one would prefer, and I happen to prefer a seam centered on the visor.

dean

Feraud

Bartender
Pat_H said:
I do have a Hanna hats tweed Newsboy, but it's a bit too large. The wool fabric on it is very heavy, so it really can't be worn in the summer. I wish I'd ordered it one size smaller.
I have a Hanna in gray tweed and love it!
They do run large and are best tried on before buying. The hat is well made with a good amount of material on top to give a good vintage look.

Pat_H

A-List Customer
Feraud said:
I have a Hanna in gray tweed and love it!
They do run large and are best tried on before buying. The hat is well made with a good amount of material on top to give a good vintage look.

Just logged on Hanna Hat's site, as I was curious about ordering a new one, in a hopefully more correct size.

40 Euros is the price, which I just converted to dollars. Ouch!:(

rotten03

New in Town
Pat_H said:
Just logged on Hanna Hat's site, as I was curious about ordering a new one, in a hopefully more correct size.

40 Euros is the price, which I just converted to dollars. Ouch!:(

noggintops.com has them cheaper. Also there are several sellers on Ebay that sell them even cheaper than noggintops. I bought from Lorna Creedons Irish shop on Ebay and I know there is another called Ire Crafts or some such. If you search for Hanna Hats on ebay, you'll find em. I'm still waiting for mine. I'll chime in with my experience with them.

(I'm new btw. Hi all!)

Speedster

Practically Family
deanglen said:
I noticed that the caps at B'Wear's site have the visor positioned between the seams of two of the panels. The caps I own have a seam between panels positoned above middle of the visor. Then I noticed in the gallery pictures that some of his customers had caps with the visor positioned like mine with a seam in the center of the visor. I therefore assume he would position the visor as one would prefer, and I happen to prefer a seam centered on the visor.

dean

Hi dean. Hope all is well with you. The B'wear caps have the visro positioned between the seams of two of the panels as standard. But if you request so he will make it with a seam between panels positioned above the middle of the visor.

Here is a picture of my B'Wear cap with standard positioning of the panels:

119_1980.jpg

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey Rene! All is well! Keeping my head down these days, and feeling more like a "cap" sort than a "fedora' sort of late. I really like the look of the newsboys, and can't really say why I like the seam in front, probably because the panel in front seems to sag back and in and gives the cap a "deflated" look.
Saying this, or typing it, I should type, you look fine in yours. It's like those guys who like shallow dents in their fedora crowns versus the tighter pinch; obviously a personal visual thing. I like sharper lines in hats, more angles versus blocky things.
Example; Alan C.'s Art Fawcett creation, The 'Faulkner': beautifully made hat. Superbly presented style: just not my taste. I'd go for Bolthead's OR and tighten the front pinch on it just a bit. The Campaign Hats I like best are the 'fore and aft' crease done tightly which give them the pyramidic look to the crown from the front and reverse taper to the crowns from the side. Takes a pretty high open crown to get that. I couldn't get it with one I sent you, for side reverse taper, due to the crown not being quite high enough
Good to see your picture, which I recognize from another thread a while back.

dean

rotten03

New in Town
In case anyone cares. I got my Hanna cap from Lorna Creedon on ebay. Her price was 29 bucks + shipping. Sh was willing to exchange if they dont fit.

As for the cap. You can't beat it. Hanna makes a nice hat. A beautiful gray tweed herringbone. It's definitely a keeper. Good quality for sure. Anyone looking for a flat cap/driver cap, I would whole heartedly reccomend this one.

apipeguy

One of the Regulars
DeanG & Gentlemen: any particular reason in having the seam aligned to the center of the visor? disadvantages?

apipeguy

One of the Regulars
DeanG & Gentlemen: any particular reason in having the seam aligned to the center of the visor? disadvantages?

Captain O

One of the Regulars
It wasn't expensive ($11.99 + free shipping). But I liked the style. When it arrives, I'll rotate it with the cotton Porkpie, my Bailey "Lando" and the cheap little cotton Trilby during the summer. It will be nice on cool days when I don't want to wear one of my "dressier" numbers.

Does anyone else like these caps on a cool spring or autumn morning?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21