Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noo-o-o-o-o-o! Do you do this?

Blackhorse

One of the Regulars
OK - I'm going to have to officially back off for a while. Why? OK - I was watching this British detective thing on TV...a Brit is in France investigating...blah, blah...circa 1930's...blah, blah...and there's this outdoor scene with the appropriate county gentry non-plaid attire and he's carrying this GREAT slouchy, quasi-euro HAT. :fedora: Looked a bit like a Country Gentleman "Luca". So - here's our hero (me) down on hands and knees in front of the TV trying to catch a peek at the big goldish brand marking on the inside of the lid as he's walking around holding it (the wrong way, I might add) so you could see the inside top. Arrrrrgh! Help me!!!

nulty

One of the Regulars
similar afflictions

My wife wouldn't go to the diners in town for along time until I stopped flipping over the china to look for the brand......

Hats are more challenging.....

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah I'm guilty. My wife hates me when I want to go to the movies just to see hats.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
This is just the beginning. Half my hard drive is packed with frozen frame stills, Ebay listing photo grabs, etc. It's all part of the education process.

That is my story and I'm stickin' wid it.

Feraud

Bartender
My weakness is watching dvds on the computer and screen capping the heck out of a film.
I have way too many pictures save on my pc. :eusa_doh:

moustache

Practically Family
Believe it or not...

astaire said:
Don't worry, you are not alone.

My wife often says: "honey, are you going to watch Seabiscuit AGAIN!?"

i just watched "Seabiscuit" last night for the first time.Delightful movie in my opinion.ANd yes,the clothes were to die for.Especially love the costume on William H Macy.

JD

undertaker

Practically Family
In Agreement

I just bought 3 James Stewart Dvd's and one with 3 James Cagney movies on it. My wife and I have watched them all now and every time I start to say anything during the film she cuts me off with..." I know, I know that's a good looking hat\suit, and you'd love to have one just like it". The sad part is that she is usually correct in her assumptions. It's good to know we're not alone.

Regards,
J.S.

Blackhorse

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the compliment on the avitar - have you read "The Beekeeper's Apprentice" and subsequent works by Laurie R King? :eusa_clap Do.

I was browsing the channels yesterday and saw a bit of an old Frankenstein in which Basil Rathbone played Herr Doktor...in one scene he had a very rakish fedora that I envied. Never been a fan of his coming and going styles for the Holmes series though.

Hey, we should post pictures of our favorite "HATS FROM HISTORY"! :p

I think I'll start a new thread.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Guilty as charged

My wife is such a sweetie, she indulges my obsession with never a criticism. She's happy to let me spend a spare hour deriving vintage inspiration from one of the DVD's in my library - "Tucker," "Seabiscuit", "Devil in a Blue Dress," "The Shadow," "Chinatown," and so on. Then there are my two Bogart collections . . . I'm lucky to have her!

Oh, and I do the same with books too. I'll read some Chandler, Moseley or Ellroy, and get to feeling immersed in the period. Do you think maybe we didn't get to play dress-ups enough as kids? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot