Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Normal for AE?

rrog

A-List Customer
I ordered a Stylemaster from EA early last week but never got a confirmation email from them. On Wednesday evening I sent them an email asking if they received my order. They replied on Friday and their reply was that they did indeed receive my order and that I should have received an email order confirmation. They didn't know why I didn't receive that. But they then said they would place the order with one of their distributors and would inform me once the order was "dispatched." I don't want to read too much into their wording, but I'm afraid this sounds like I'm going to have a long wait time before I get my hat. I'm assuming that since they had to place an order with a distributor, then they didn't have it in stock. BTW, I ordered one that did not have the "3 month wait" under the drop down menu when I ordered the color (mid grey). So have any of you experienced this and based on your experiences, do you think I'm in for a long wait or is this their normal way of processing orders?

Thanks in advance,
rrog

Computers don't always do what you tell them to do, so it is posible they had a glitch when you ordered and that's why you did not get an email.

First come first served tends to be the way stuff goes out. If their on line is not live with their inventory it is then probable that between the time you ordered your hat and when it was processed stock was sold leaving them to re-order for your hat.

Having a live system hooked to you inventory can make for problems, especially security wise. Many systems refresh daily and if there is more orders than stock the system may not catch the discrepency right away.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Well, I'm waiting on my first AE order, but it's a 3-mother. Still, everyone I know of on this forum that has dealt with them has had good things to say. It is possible that, to save money on overhead (and thus sell hats at lower prices) that they don't physically stock any hats. Every order might be fulfilled this way, and it's not an uncommon practice in the internet age.

jec

One of the Regulars
Not-Bogart13 said:
Well, I'm waiting on my first AE order, but it's a 3-mother. Still, everyone I know of on this forum that has dealt with them has had good things to say. It is possible that, to save money on overhead (and thus sell hats at lower prices) that they don't physically stock any hats. Every order might be fulfilled this way, and it's not an uncommon practice in the internet age.

Since I was notified so quickly after placing my order with AE that my Stylemaster had shipped, I would suspect that they do indeed keep some hats in stock, but that they could not have anticipated the rush of orders coming from the USA as the currency exchange became so favorable and that they ran out of the Stylemasters in mid-gray. It probably happened so quickly, they didn't have a chance to update the website before rrog placed his order.

How's that for a scenario?

rrog

A-List Customer
Not-Bogart13 said:
Well, I'm waiting on my first AE order, but it's a 3-mother...

Man, a three MOTHER wait! That must be some wait! :p

And jecoe probably hit the nail on the head. I knew I should have jumped on that band wagon sooner.

rrog

oldgimpy1

New in Town
jecoe@earthlink said:
Since I was notified so quickly after placing my order with AE that my Stylemaster had shipped, I would suspect that they do indeed keep some hats in stock, but that they could not have anticipated the rush of orders coming from the USA as the currency exchange became so favorable and that they ran out of the Stylemasters in mid-gray. It probably happened so quickly, they didn't have a chance to update the website before rrog placed his order.

How's that for a scenario?

...add another one who ordered a mid grey stylemaster...i ordered on nov24 and got shipping status on the 29

rrog

A-List Customer
I got a pleasant email from EA tonight which said my hat had shipped and that I should be receiving it within the next ten days! Woo Hoo!

rrog

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Both times I ordered from them I got a confirmation right away. the Banjo I ordered was supposed to be a stock hat, but Sam Menche at EA e-mailed to say they had sold their last heritage fawn Banjo in my size and that it would be four weeks before they could send it. He offered to cancel the order for me if I chose or to ship the hat when he got it. Of course, I don't want to miss a hat, so I told him to send it when he got it. I received a shipment notification yesterday from EA about four weeks after my order as they said. I have had good service from these people. In some respects I prefer Hatsdirect, but Hatsdirect prices are higher and their shipping charges are quite a bit higher.

rrog

A-List Customer
BobC said:
I received a shipment notification yesterday from EA about four weeks after my order as they said. I have had good service from these people.

It gets frustrating at times, but I understand that inventory gets depleted, shipping times are out of their control once it's placed into the carrier's hands and things like that. What scores a lot of points with me is when people do their best to do as they promised. In spite of your wait, I'd still consider that good customer service. Wonder which one of us will be able to post pictures of his hat first?

rrog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw