Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Norman Lear's Hat?

SoulmanRKC

Familiar Face
I realize this not the typical style discussed in the lounge. But I am wondering if anyone knows where I can find the hat that Norman Lear wears.

For instance:

n_lear_250.jpg

and here:

norman_lear_will_wear_a_different_h.jpg

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

Belegnole

One of the Regulars
Norman Lear's Hat! Posted on Nov 21 2007 at 10:03am by dfontenot
I'm looking for a hat like Norman Lear's and am having no success. Is there someplace special that carries it?

RE: Norman Lear's Hat! Posted on Mar 8 2008 at 5:48pm by GreenMom
In the episode, he mentions that he lost his original hat, but his wife took a drawing of it to a hatmaker and had a new one made... then many, many more. Perhaps you could take some pictures of it and have one made?
Good luck.

51511266.jpg
not a bad shot

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It is a fabric sailing/tennis hat

It is a poplin fabric sport hat, like worn by tennis players, etc.

The hat is the old style. Dorfman Pacific (and others) make similar hats.

Just roll up the brim, curl it a bit.

Norman Lear is holding probably an older example, with a "stingy" brim. The below link has the
exact hat, but the brim is a bit wider. Of course, Norman looks like he just gave the brim a
bit of a sharper curl...it is likely the SAME hat.

http://quakermarine.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=190&gclid=CMaW5JTQ4pkCFRFWagodPEZwRw

Tiller

Practically Family
Andykev said:

Norman Lear is holding probably an older example, with a "stingy" brim. The below link has the
exact hat, but the brim is a bit wider. Of course, Norman looks like he just gave the brim a

http://quakermarine.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=190&gclid=CMaW5JTQ4pkCFRFWagodPEZwRw

Good catch Andy. I just thought it was a fishing hat with that brim snapped up lol.

SoulmanRKC

Familiar Face
Andykev said:

Close..I just received the hat linked above. It is navy blue underneath the brim and the brim does not really snap up that easily..

Back to the drawing board. At least I have a better direction to search for now.

Thanks. If anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears.

SoulmanRKC

Familiar Face
In honor of his life i thought id resurect this post and see if anyone has had any more insight over the last 14 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy