Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Mike sent me a picture of my hat on the block. Pecan in Beaver felt...The Open Crown height will be 5 3/4 on a straight sided block.

My_Pecan_hat.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Never yet been to Louisiana, but I love Cajun and Creole kitchen - and both Cajun and blues music. So many interesting places to visit ... yet so little life (did I mention "do"?) :rolleyes: :D

best food I've ever tasted in my entire life was some crawfish Étouffée in New Orleans

I want to put my head through a wall thinking about it right now

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
best food I've ever tasted in my entire life was some crawfish Étouffée in New Orleans

I want to put my head through a wall thinking about it right now
Moon, where did you have that -- one of the big name restaurants in Noo Awlins, or at somebody's home?

I love the taste of crawfish. But my DNA specifies a dining table with a tablecloth, plates, knives, and forks, and that said table must be indoors in the air-conditioning. So outdoor crawfish boils are not my speed.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon, where did you have that -- one of the big name restaurants in Noo Awlins, or at somebody's home?

I love the taste of crawfish. But my DNA specifies a dining table with a tablecloth, plates, knives, and forks, and that said table must be indoors in the air-conditioning. So outdoor crawfish boils are not my speed.

it was at a restaurant ... can't recall the name of it right now ... it was over 10 years ago ... my band was on tour and rolling through town and some locals pointed us in the direction of this particular establishment when we asked where to get some authentic local quality cuisine

it did not disappoint

if I remember correctly the restaurant was a womans name ... just can't remember what name off hand

it was at a restaurant ... can't recall the name of it right now ... it was over 10 years ago ... my band was on tour and rolling through town and some locals pointed us in the direction of this particular establishment when we asked where to get some authentic local quality cuisine

it did not disappoint

if I remember correctly the restaurant was a womans name ... just can't remember what name off hand

Yeah, well, you ain't lived until you've had my etouffee. [emoji41]

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Trying to decide between a C crown crease and a Diamond crease. I like both creases but I finally chose the C crown because I like its rake profile best...

C crown...
c_crown_2.jpg

Diamond...
diamond_2.jpg

I don't know, though. I kinda like the Diamond. May change my mind again. Any thoughts?

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I would lower center/back a tad. Then even out the "top-bumps" on the two sides from center/back to "side corners". Did that make sense at all? :)

I personally like my diamond to rake from front corner toward side corners - and rake a little less from side corners to back.

PS: You should also try a tip from Moon's bash video: Let the "back corner" of the front pinch drop a little. It contributes to a better rake feel of the front part ... in lack of a better explanation. Try it ... :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183