Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Today is my first peruse of this thread. I like what I'm seeing - a lot! Could we possibly have some close ups of the stitching of which you gents speak so highly?

Pages 11 & 18 of this thread I posted up some good detailed pics

che

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Today is my first peruse of this thread. I like what I'm seeing - a lot! Could we possibly have some close ups of the stitching of which you gents speak so highly?

Have a look at the left hand side of the bow close up in post 207 and try and spot the stitching...

seabass

Call Me a Cab
I have linerless hats ,
Mike sewn in the tip sticker & I cant kind find a stitch & there in there strongly placed as I pulled to see if they were glued,NOT

ingineer

One Too Many
What is Mike's lead time?
I just ordered one in beaver and was told 2 months. 6 to 8 weeks.

Mike was very good at communicating with me by e-mail, and asked several detailed questions every day.
And Richard the detail in that ribbon makes that hat.
Also thank you for the advice on crown height.
Richard

Last edited:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you Daniele.

Gorgeous hat Richard. You made a fantastic choice in felt color and brim binding, congrats on it. Mike really does an amazing job.

Mike deserves the credit for the ribbon colour. I asked for something without too bold a contrast in the 'peanut butter range' with an olive insert, and he came up with the Kangaroo - slightly darker than I had envisaged but when he sent a photo I couldn't not go for it - the perfect choice.

s7eng

New in Town
Here is my new hat from Northwest Hats. Mike really worked with me to get exactly what I wanted.
ny9yjude.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Geno43

New in Town
This hat was originally a custom rabbit felt ROTLA fedora, and after a lot of hard wear it needed refreshing. Rather than go to one of the custom Indy hatters (who do very detailed, screen accurate work) I had it reblocked to a more generic "Indy" hat. I also had the original ribbon replaced with a black one.

TPWE5dwl.jpg

vUCQjhgl.jpg

Nice one, Geno!

I am in the works with Mike on a Whippett style hat. Picture is one possible combo (undyed natural beaver with kangaroo color ribbon and edge binding). Below is what Mike said in his email along with the picture. Thoughts?

Hey Harv. Here is the photo of the natural beaver with the kangaroo. It looks really nice to me. The picture looked better on my phones screen but when I look at it on my PC it seems a bit washed out. So keep in mind it will look richer in person. Let me know what you think.

IMAG1442.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo