Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***now on ebay*** 1940's Stetson 'The Avenue' Vita Felt - refurb'd by Optimo 7 1/4+

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
The felt on this one is really special. Hat is a rust-brown with lighter brim-binding, wider on bottom (by design, I promise). Hat was refurbished by Optimo and has seen very little wear since. I believe the (dark navy?) ribbon and wind trolley were replaced by Optimo, but not certain. No damage whatsoever to the felt. The sweatband is unreeded and in great shape, but is separated from the felt in several places - still quite wearable. I have repaired these before and could do so again if you wish. 3 sweatband stamps: Marshall Field & Company, The Avenue, and Vita-Felt Process. Measurements: 22 7/8+ around the inside of the sweatband, brim is 2 5/8 at the front, 2 7/8 at the side.

Hat will be shipped in a special green Stetson Holiday box, probably from the 1940's (see below).

Price is $250 shipped. Additional shipping for non-US.

AvenueFront.jpg

AvenueSide.jpg

AvenueSideUnB.jpg

AvenueSweatLogo.jpg

AvenueSweatSeam.jpg

AvenueLinerLogo.jpg

StetsonGreen.jpg

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
With how great these listings are, I suspect that this must be the last of it.
It's sad that you're leaving us. You're a good egg.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
What?!? Since when? :( And all the expertise, humor, advice... It's always sad to see one of the old-timers go. Even in the short year I've been around, things have changed so much. Not for better and not for worse... Just different. Same focus, but different faces and atmosphere, as with all things over time. Please don't forget to stop in.

Cheers,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff