Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Obama in Fedora

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatSoup

Familiar Face
Don't know if this is old or not, but here's a pic of Obama wearing a fedora during his recent trip to Africa/ the Middle East.
gal_travel_38.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...ok/obamas_travels_a_behindthescenes_look.html

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
It was written up in a paper Friday that some head of a government gave Obama a 'fedora,' and comparisons were made to Indiana Jones. I'll reserve editorial comment on all aspects of that.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BinkieBaumont said:
Doesn't really look like Barry O'Bama, the jaw line looks stronger

That's just his jaw jacked because someone called him... "Illinois Jones"! lol

That should be displayed next to Cal Coolidges feathered headdress photo! :rolleyes:

-dixon cannon

Tiller

Practically Family
I'm not a fan of Obama, but I think we American Loungers have a patriotic duty to get the President in a decent looking hat lol. So far his PR team hasn't succeeded.

"Mister we could use a man like Calvin Coolidge again." lol.

RHY

One of the Regulars
Optimo

Since Optimo is located in Obama's home state of Illinois, I don't see why they don't volunteer to provide a hat to the President. I remember that American shoe makers, Johnson & Murphy and Edmond Allen, decked out US Presidents for many years.

Topdog

Familiar Face
RHY said:
Since Optimo is located in Obama's home state of Illinois, I don't see why they don't volunteer to provide a hat to the President. I remember that American shoe makers, Johnson & Murphy and Edmond Allen, decked out US Presidents for many years.

perhaps Optimo is of the belief that the shouldn't just give something away.

I for one would applaud them if they are taking an "anti handout" stance on this one.

there are way too many people in this country with their hands out. They spent the last 20 years spending money they didn't have and now they want a hand out. OK, I'll get off my soap box now and do some more work.

bobalooba

One of the Regulars
Topdog said:

I for one would applaud them if they are taking an "anti handout" stance on this one.

there are way too many people in this country with their hands out. They spent the last 20 years spending money they didn't have and now they want a hand out. OK, I'll get off my soap box now and do some more work.

I think that would honestly be more of a promotional thing, I think people who like a particular president's attire would get it from the same place he got his.

It's like how old suit companies used to dress up hosts of shows like rod serling and the like.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Topdog said:

there are way too many people in this country with their hands out. They spent the last 20 years spending money they didn't have and now they want a hand out. OK, I'll get off my soap box now and do some more work.[/
QUOTE]

Well said, and I agree! Optimo owes nobody nothin' for free. And neither do we consumers/citizens/taxpayers!

It needed to be said.

-dixon cannon

wildturkey8

Familiar Face
It's great to have a president wearing a hat. I must say that they could have given him one that flatters him more though, perhaps a safari fedora, or a pith helment.

RHY

One of the Regulars
Appropriate Hat

Topdog said:

Then I guess your answer would be to find a hat like the Chairman Mao for Obama, which is more indicative of the state of the US economy which is now beholding to the Central Bank of the People's Republic of China (via Walmart), than the US Congress.

Miss RM

Familiar Face
Ok, seriously, this was the last straw. I'm now cancelling my membership here. Why on earth does everything have to be made so political? I find this to be a particularly mean-spirited forum. There's a ton of great information and advice here, but it gets lost in all of this crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy