Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Occupations

Cobden

Practically Family
Terry Lennox said:
I believe the thread was any occupation... So why would anyone want to be an assistant or work their way up.

Be the boss! Own the studio then make your own show. Own the aircraft manufacturer and fly your own planes...

Me? I'd own GM and then be a playboy doing anything I want....

Good point. Make mine the Commodore of the Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hmm, that's a tough question. I think I'd own a candy store, like the Candy Man's store in the original "Charlie and The Chocolate Factory", with all the olde time candy that I love. It'd be so great to see the smiles on the kids faces when they tried the sweets. I would also have a bakery. Of course these businesses would be incredibly successful, and I'd make gobs of money. Maybe I'd be married to a pediatric dentist, at least I'd know that in the same town as my candy shoppe and bakery, he'd never go out of business:D

priestyboy

One of the Regulars
Late 30s-to-through the war?...a Navy pilot.

I finally heeded a friends advice and became an AVCAD. Then the Japs showed up in the winter of '41.

How about a SBD Scout pilot at Midway.

I've thought about this as well. Great thread!

Story

I'll Lock Up
It'd be quasi-illegal, but at least I'd be one step ahead of the Nazis and their Fascist toadies. :D

On my wall the colours of the maps are running
From Africa the winds they talk of changes coming
The torches flare up in the night
The hand that sets the farms alight
Has spread the word to those who're waiting on the border

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Autogiro pilot. (Someone has to fly the mail in.)
JohnnyMillerAutographcopy.jpg

EALKellett.jpg

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
An archaeologist, as Lee said, for the same reasons I am now. I'd love to go back to a time when there were still some mysteries to solve and places to explore, though.

Sylvanus_Morley_copan.jpg

Terry Lennox said:
I believe the thread was any occupation... So why would anyone want to be an assistant or work their way up.
Archaeologists start at the top and work down! lol

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
In the late 30's I would study english and history at Cambridge, when the war broke out I had allready been flying in the "Weekendpilots Club" at the university, so offcourse I joined Royal Air Force. Flying Spitfire in Battle of Britain. Would I survive?

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Interesting thread...

Don't know how I missed it before. In the late 1930s, I would have been in my early 40s and trying to figure out how to get back into the cockpit of a fighter plane. I went to Enland, where I became a flight instructor with the RAF, helping train lads for the battle to come. Eventually, I went to North Africa as part of the Desert Air Force and then on to XII Tactical. After the war I had a career in aerospace.

McPeppers

One of the Regulars
This one is easy for me in both eras.

President and CEO of American Telephone & Telegraph.
150px-Bell_System_Logo_1921-1939.gif

Hell I'd stick with that now too lol. Except it would be at&t now not AT&T. Sillyness lol

Jazzman

New in Town
I'd be the same as now, a musician and composer. Late nights, tour bus, the open road through town after town and, of course, the music. Just beautiful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred