Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OH MY GOD!

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
I have learned a lot about mens wear in since coming to the Fedora Lounge, and reading your posts then going to work has been an eye opener.

Some days I just want to stand there and give out business cards to a decent tailor.

Men in low-rise pants with oversized shirts that blouse out of their belts look as if they have very long torsos and very short legs. The new shoes that turn up at the toes arn't helping, either.
To put it bluntly, they dress like dwarfs. I keep giggling outside my office building. This isn't good.

They probably spent a fair bit of cash to look like they should be singing the hi-ho song.:rolleyes:

PS. Matt be reasured: you look handsome and well put together. I think Emma is just around the corner.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Yes youre crazy, we all already know that. ;)
But really, before you get upset, isnt the real question:
How many of these bibs have actually been sold?

Matt Deckard said:
I don't know anymore. Am I the crazy one thinking suits are made wrong nowadays with their low armholes and hip hugging trousers? Billions of people can't be wrong can they? Could my want of the return of the comfortable suit be the complete opposite of what men want in general? There is a reason why they are selling a conference call business bib. People care, though they just don't care to the point that they need to really put in the effort. Only just enough is good enough. Senator Jack said that a man should be dressed as though he were going someplace better than where he is at the moment. These men are going back to the bathroon.

matei

One Too Many
Good one - dwarves... :eusa_clap

I can't help but wonder if this isn't a joke along the lines of the Yesmen's "Employee Visualization Appendage"?

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm not a guy, but I think this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Are people in the work place really so lazy, that they can't put on a suit in the morning.
By the way, I just love the fancy names they have given the different styles.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Here's the REAL Business Bib!

tuxedo_bib.jpg

Air Boss

Familiar Face
Miss Crisplock said:
They probably spent a fair bit of cash to look like they should be singing the hi-ho song.

Swell! I'm glad I'm off today because the next time I see my Boss (5'5" tall and wide) I'm going to see Doc teaching the others how to wash up before dinner.

nightandthecity

Practically Family
Just found this thread. At first I thought it was a joke. For once I'm (almost) speechless.

Mind you, the reasoning behind it isn't new. I've always found the false shirt fronts and backless waistcoats of formal wear rather disturbing too.

Riposte3

One of the Regulars
It reminds me of an episode of Night Court where Harry had something like this on under his robe (without the jacket part), although at least that was supposed to be a joke.

-Jake

Redlights

New in Town
Matt Deckard said:
There is a reason why they are selling a conference call business bib. People care, though they just don't care to the point that they need to really put in the effort. Only just enough is good enough. Senator Jack said that a man should be dressed as though he were going someplace better than where he is at the moment.

Well spoken, Mr. Deckard.

A pity more people don't feel the same way. People associate class with discomfort (Perhaps it has something to do with the good posture dressing nicely gives you?) and because they cannot invest, or don't think it is important to invest, in well fitting suits, shoes, ect.

And dress shoes are uncomfortable these days because they are worn so infrequently that they are never properly broken in, methinks. Or they are made out of plastic.

My grandmother told me "The more expensive the shoe, the more comfortable it is."

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Like a lot of useless fashion.....

first it's the video conferences (it's purpose).....then the world!

Is it just me or does everyone in marketing want you to stay in your home 24/7?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo