Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oil Cleansing Method

Josephine

One Too Many
L'Eyela said:
I've tried the oil thing once with disasterous results, but I probably did it wrong. My mom swears by infrequent doses of plain old baby oil. She says she works out blackheads, and those teensy little plugs in your nose. I just don't like the feeling, a simple bar of Cetaphil works for me . . . :)

There can be a time of adjustment, as the oils are bringing up all the impurities in your skin. Also, one needs to experiment with the ratio of oils, and even what oils to use. For example, I don't use Castor or Extra Virgin Olive Oil, as I don't have many blackheads that need to be removed anymore. Here's a good list of different types of mixes to use for different types of skin.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
dashiell said:
My mother always said that beauty treatments and beauty products are best left to beautiful people, anyway! The ingenuity is admirable ... all these different formulae ... very clever!

Every woman is beautiful and it's just up to each one of us to find the best ways to bring out our own natural beauty!

Leading Edge

One of the Regulars
Wow!
Cleaning with oil!?!!

Like Dashiell, I used to use Dial antibacterial bar soap on my face. I addressed the continual presence of blackheads, whiteheads, etc with astringents (awful stuff for my combo skin) and acne products too numerous to name because none of them made a bit of difference. No matter how many chemicals and cleansers I applied, I still had mountain ranges of clogged pores. I finally accepted the fact that maybe it wasn't Maybelline, I wasn't born with it, and my skin would never be Cover Girl perfect. :cry: tres tragc :eusa_booh

I started routinely using the CVS Vitamin E moisturizing creme to get rid of the scars. The 10,000 IUs of Vitamin E really cleared up the discoloration/blemishes from years of "popping" pimples! When I began shopping at Whole Foods, I discovered a steady source of Dr. Bronner's Castile lavender scented soap (Edgar Cayce recommended AND fair trade AND lavender, you know I'm in!:eusa_clap) to use on the face and body. Lately though, there've been several days in a row of dry skin - ick! Not to mention the "laugh" lines that are deepening into permanent creases and are not funny - especially when I am not even laughing AND The Raven's cousin crow needs to take a Poe and prop her feet on my face "nevermore.":p

But this . . .
This is exciting!
I have EVOO on hand (can't imagine a kitchen without EVOO and I don't even cook! I also have one of those little machines to steam the face that I bought to relieve sinus congestion. It works so good for congestion that I was going to either throw it out or sell it at a Spring Cleaning Porch sale.lol

I'm thinking to doing a mud mask first. Then, do the OCM with EVOO. I wouldn't want to do that every time though. Any opinions on using a mud mask prior to the OCM?

dashiell

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
Every woman is beautiful and it's just up to each one of us to find the best ways to bring out our own natural beauty!

That's a charming thing to say, KittyT!

LeadingEdge - I hope this works out for you, and that you have wonderful results ... don't forget to tell us how it works for you, my Comrade in Dial! lol

Josephine

One Too Many
Leading Edge said:
I'm thinking to doing a mud mask first. Then, do the OCM with EVOO. I wouldn't want to do that every time though. Any opinions on using a mud mask prior to the OCM?

When I have my act together I do OCM every night. I wouldn't do a mud mask every night, you're correct. I don't do them so I don't' know how often would be the right time.

roselily

One of the Regulars
Is Castor Oil safe to use on the eyes? I love being able to just rub the EVOO all over my whole face, but I don't know about the safety of the castor oil...

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
roselily said:
Is Castor Oil safe to use on the eyes? I love being able to just rub the EVOO all over my whole face, but I don't know about the safety of the castor oil...

yes, it's safe.

Josephine

One Too Many
roselily said:

I have gotten first hand accounts that Castor oil will thicken eyelashes too.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
OMG! I haven't read this whole thread, but I've tried just straigt EVOO for the past two days and already I am loving it! I guess I have rather combo skin, but in when fall starts it automatically gets more dry. And I break out terribly around moon time.

EVOO is all I had around, so I might adjust later.. and will have to see what everyone had to say in this thread too!

Thanks gals, you all are the best, squeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :D
Nikki

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
i have super sensitive skin and used nivea cream (in the simple blue tin jar) for years, now i'm using good ol' pond's cold cream and my skin never felt better :) (tried the oil thing, made my skin break out :mad: )

Josephine

One Too Many
glamour-girl said:
(tried the oil thing, made my skin break out :mad: )

That can often happen with OCM, the oils bring all the dirt etc in your skin to the surface and you go through a detox time before you get to clean skin. It also is a trial and error to get the right mix. I use jojoba and almond oils, no castor or olive at all.

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
i did use the ocm and that's exactly what happened [huh] i'm going to try the jojoba and almond oils tonight, what amounts did you mix ?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
glamour-girl said:
i did use the ocm and that's exactly what happened [huh] i'm going to try the jojoba and almond oils tonight, what amounts did you mix ?

I think a lot of girls have posted in this thread what combinations they've been using, and there's a lot of that on the websites that were posted at the beginning of the thread as well.

Here is my post about the combinations I use: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showpost.php?p=388512
Here is Josephine's: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showpost.php?p=388512

I currently only use it once in awhile. I'm just not that sold on it.

Josephine

One Too Many
glamour-girl said:

Here's a link to where I got my mix from. Don't worry if you don't have the helichrysum or the Sage, just use what you've got for now. :)

I use the jojoba, sweet almond, helichrysum, sage, then I add some vit E oil and Rose hip oil.

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
super, thank you so much :eusa_clap i'm going to try the under-eye oil too,
i love to try new beauty treatments and products, especially on weekens when my husband takes care of little liam, and i have the bathroom all to myself...;) ;) ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland