Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oil Cleansing Method

Ada Veen

Practically Family
I was just reading the article posted earlier and really enjoying it - but do you think this step is completely necessary for it to work?

Picture what your face would look like if it were completely clear and free from blemishes. Focus on that image and know that it is attainable. Trust that it is attainable. Accept that it is attainable. You can have clear skin, free of blemishes and you will have clear skin, free of blemishes. Focus on perfect skin and breathe deeply.
lol

roselily

One of the Regulars
Hey ladies,

I wasn't able to use OCM while I was traveling over Christmas- and now my skin is having a MAJOR freak out!

Can anyone suggest a travel-friendly solution? A solid lotion bar, maybe??? I've got another trip coming up soon and I don't want this to happen again!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
DHCcare.com has an oil cleansing bar. just put "olive" in the search and it comes up with a ton of options, including travel kits.

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
If I'm traveling for more than a weekend, I just put my oil mixture in a small (1oz) bottle and travel with that. It doesn't take a lot of space and I will place it in a small sandwich bag so I'm worried about leakage.

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
Hmm...this is very confusing to me.

How does this not make your skin an oil slick?

I'm not sure what to do for my skin right now. It used to be really flawless except for some moderate to severe dryness in the winter.

Now, I am combination. I am really dry in patches and I am breaking out under the nose, on and under chin...assuming it is stress or hormones. It's really irritating because I am 29 and should be past such nonsense!

Josephine

One Too Many
roselily said:
Hey ladies,

I wasn't able to use OCM while I was traveling over Christmas- and now my skin is having a MAJOR freak out!

Can anyone suggest a travel-friendly solution? A solid lotion bar, maybe??? I've got another trip coming up soon and I don't want this to happen again!

I mix up a batch of my oils and put them in a tight travel container, and take along a few washcloths I wouldn't mind losing. Run the water on HOT as you wash with the oil and then steam using whats coming out of the faucet. If I can I keep the washcloths to take home a sanitize, if not I toss them.

Josephine

One Too Many
NoirDame said:
Hmm...this is very confusing to me.

How does this not make your skin an oil slick?
The oils you use to wash are dissolving the oils and dirt on your face, and then you wash them off with the warm/hot water towel. Because you aren't stripping the natural oils off, your face won't go into overtime trying to replace them.

Fancy Mouse

Familiar Face
I'm quite interested in trying the oil cleansing method, but I'm a bit worried about the warm/hot water thing. I have pale-ish, thin skin that gets broken capillaries quite easily, especially around the nose...

Lola Getz

One of the Regulars
I don't use a hot cloth or hot water--warm seems to do the trick. If I'm going to shower I just apply the oil to my face and leave it there as I enjoy the steam and lather up. Then I rinse. By this time, most of the oil seems to be gone anyway. I used to have VERY oily skin and I can honestly say this has made a dramatic improvement. :)

Josephine

One Too Many
Fancy Mouse said:
I'm quite interested in trying the oil cleansing method, but I'm a bit worried about the warm/hot water thing. I have pale-ish, thin skin that gets broken capillaries quite easily, especially around the nose...

It's really as warm/hot as you/your skin can stand/want/need it. You just need it warm enough to wipe off the oil from your skin without using soap. :)

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Has anyone tried the "Sweet Japanese Girl" soap from Lush Cosmetics?

I got it for Christmas, and I love it! I highly recommend it. It's supposed to be great for break-out prone skin (very detoxifying, and it exfoliates as well). I also love the buttery feeling of it, similar to the OCM. I've been using it since Christmas, and it is certainly doing its job! I can't wait to see the results a week from now.

Ingredients:
Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Palm Kernel Oil (Hydrogenated palm), Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Ground Aduki Beans (Phaseolus), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Perfume.

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
I'm going to take the plunge. I bought a sensitive skin gentle cleanser today and just used it. Boy, is my face stripped of moisture! Since I tend to extremely dry, perhaps my breakouts are due to excessive dryness.

We shall see...and report.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
gluegungeisha said:
Has anyone tried the "Sweet Japanese Girl" soap from Lush Cosmetics?

I got it for Christmas, and I love it! I highly recommend it. It's supposed to be great for break-out prone skin (very detoxifying, and it exfoliates as well). I also love the buttery feeling of it, similar to the OCM. I've been using it since Christmas, and it is certainly doing its job! I can't wait to see the results a week from now.

Ingredients:
Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Palm Kernel Oil (Hydrogenated palm), Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Ground Aduki Beans (Phaseolus), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Perfume.

Please keep us posted on how that one does, I've seen it so many times, but for some reason or another I'm nervous about using it, don't know why though, cause I love Lush[huh]

Has anyone tried Rose Hip oil? All the stress of exams, retail at christmas time, and running out of the oil left me with hysterical skin, the break out I got was painful, and just all round unpleasant, and within three days of getting the Rose Hip oil again and my skin is 50% better, and no longer sore, I love the stuff!

roselily

One of the Regulars
There's a lush store at the mall, I'll check out those soaps!

My skin really freaked out when I was traveling over the holidays- 2 days after going back to OCM my skin was dramatically improved, and now it's almost back to it's usual happy self.

Current mix is castor, olive and grapeseed. I might have added a splash of sweet almond, I can't remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21