Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old Dayton Driver boot all black men's 8 1/2 D.

Colin G

One Too Many
Good day.

For sale is a very nice pair of black, Dayton Driver boots in a men's 8 1/2 D. Chrome-tanned leather and a Bilt-Rite corded sole. Approx 1 3/4" heel like a Wesco ect. Heel insert is not leather but synthetic of some sort.

Heel counter was originally white but I got sick of that really quickly so I had the heel died black 20 years ago by a competent cobbler. No issues whatsoever. Toe cap is nice and firm as are heel cups. The leather and cork insole has barely even worn to my foot.

These were purchased by me right from the Dayton shop about 20 years ago. I was sized small on these so I never wore them much, and as you can see wear is minimal.

I am a size US 9 (26cm foot) and I'd say these are pretty true to an 8 1/2. I have about 3/8" to a 1/2" of room which is too close for me. These will never be worn and I have been holding onto them for years but time to let them go.

I am asking $150 plus shipping. Item ships from Canada so figure about $25.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSC_0115.JPG
    DSC_0115.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 668
  • DSC_0117.JPG
    DSC_0117.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 873
  • DSC_0118.JPG
    DSC_0118.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 863
  • DSC_0120.JPG
    DSC_0120.JPG
    947 KB · Views: 656
  • DSC_0121.JPG
    DSC_0121.JPG
    958.6 KB · Views: 518
  • DSC_0116.JPG
    DSC_0116.JPG
    877.5 KB · Views: 491
  • DSC_0119.JPG
    DSC_0119.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 543

lina

Practically Family
I've always loved these boots, but was never quite sure if I could live with the white heel counter, so very interesting to see them in all black. They look great! Unfortunately 1.5 sizes too small for me, but someone should snatch these up!

Colin G

One Too Many
I'd like a new pair that fits but would do a Hard Toe Toughie, which is the same boot without the white or red heel counter, but with a lugged sole. I'd go with a Vibram 700 instead of the lugged sole.

It has always killed me that these don't fit right.

dannyk

One Too Many
I wish we lived closer so I could try these on! I mean we all wish that for everything we sell and buy here, but its harder with boots. They dont sell as fast for one, and second if they the fit is just a little off, they can actually hurt you and become useless. At least with jackets if its slightly off, you can usually still pull it off, use it as a layering jacket, or wear it unzipped. These are super nice though, so hopefully you get this sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy