Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

On company time?

Do you visit the lounge on company time?

• never!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if it is a slow day

• You mean I'm supposed to be doing something else?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

Samsa

deanglen said:
My occupation allows me a lot freedom to use the internet constantly, I'm essentially self-employed, so I check the Lounge pretty regularly and find it a source of inspiration, relaxation and it doesn't get in the way of my other duties.

dean

I guess I never thought of ministers as being self-employed.:D

Jay

Practically Family
I'm on here during my Information/Technology (glorified name for a first-level computer class) class all the time. But I don't think that counts as "real" work. I paid to come here, and checking out things on the internet during a computer class-Heck, it's like doing extra credit.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member

All those who would like to respond to this thread but fear their bosses may have found all these calls for thefedoralounge.com on the servers and are on to you...

raise your Stetsons.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Samsa said:
I guess I never thought of ministers as being self-employed.:D

My call document is essentially a contract, and I pay 15% self-employment tax, filing quarterly. My schedule, aside from scheduled services is usually flexible, my office hours are usually morning, with calls in the afternoons, evenings for meetings, services, bible studies, or visits as needed, plus I am on call 24/7. But I love my work!

dean

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Not even if I wanted to. The newest technological device at my job is an artifact of a computer that doesn't even have a graphical user set up. It' strictly running on DOS!:eek: There's also a tape deck where I keep a steady stream of Jazz going and on weekends a coworker brings in a 40s suitcase phonograph and plays country and western 78s. When I get home I usually go straight to the pc to see what's new here.

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Holy Crimony! What company is that so I can send my resume? :p

I wouldn't recommend it. My boss is a cruel martinet, and among the staff only my assistant and I have escaped the beatings. He pays me whatever he feels like, messes with my hours and forces me to work all night when deadlines are closing in. If I didn't like the job so much I'd have fled ages ago.

[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]I wouldn't recommend it. My boss is a cruel martinet, and among the staff only my assistant and I have escaped the beatings. He pays me whatever he feels like, messes with my hours and forces me to work all night when deadlines are closing in. If I didn't like the job so much I'd have fled ages ago.[/QUOTE]

Uh, no thanks then. :eek: :p

Regards,

J

deanglen

[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]My boss positively encourages me to spend time here. He thinks it's educational as well as entertaining.[/QUOTE]

Hey Doc! What is your, if I may be so bold?

dean

P

Phaedra

olive bleu said:
It truly warms me heart to see corruption flourishing amongst me fellow loungers:cheers1: .

I have to admit browsing the lounge during the day has become quite an addiction!

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
deanglen said:
Hey Doc! What is your, if I may be so bold?

Well the signature really does say it all at the moment, but if you didn't guess from the way my boss gets away with treating me... I'm self-employed. ;)

deanglen

[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]If you didn't guess from the way my boss gets away with treating me, I'm self-employed. ;)[/QUOTE]

Omitted "job" 'cause it was late and I was tired and overall wasn't quick enough to to catch the obvious anyway. Got it now, though! Very good!

dean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen