Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

On giving your opinions of photographs showing fellow Loungers wearing their new hats

carter

I'll Lock Up
Goose. said:
So, for your consideration and comments, I submit the following...
Does this stingy make my ass look fat?
shakeshead
Looks like a good fit to me. :whistling :cool2:
3312464123_1d171de835.jpg

:cheers1:

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
481319596_HSAwv-S-1.jpg

Hearts, stars and horseshoes!
Clovers and blue moons!
Pots of gold and rainbows!
And me red balloons!

Catch me lucky charms!
They're magically delicious!

Hey dude that lid makes you look great.
icon14.gif

Goose.

Practically Family
Woodfluter said:
OK guys (& gals), you can be brutally honest. Please. Is this the look for my next gig?

Seeking a Genghis Khan cross with Elmer Fudd sort of look.
The hat belongs to my wife, but she never checks this site...

Go ahead, I won't cry.

- Bill
I think that center dent is off center. But I like the "Douglas" attitude.
Go ahead and cry...like GTD said, George is there for a hug brother :D

Don't sob too loud...your wife may think it even odder that you are crying and hugging George while wearing her hat, than just wearing her hat alone.

And, thanks for the comments on my Irish lid. My first "real" hat was a tweed Irish walking hat I got in Boston when it was my first winter there. Long MIA...so this one may have to do. Hope I brought a smile or two and annoyed less...this place is a "happy place" for me...I had a crappy day...as evident via the pic ;)

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Goose, between you, Carter, and Woodfluter, I laughed until I cried. That is TOO funny! Thanks for the laugh, I had a lousy night at work as well.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
MattJH said:
IThere is nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but I rarely see it. I personally would love to see more! When I post a photograph of myself wearing a newly-acquired hat, it's not because I'm fishing for compliments (and I think I can speak for most people when I say that... I think!). I'm looking for criticism. If it looks disproportionate, odd, unfit, inappropriate, or just plain bad, I sincerely want to be told that.

I was just thinking the same thing. Uncritical praise just isn't that helpful, especially when we need to look our best. Comments such as "wear whatever you like!" are even less helpful. But we should give criticism only when it's solicited, and then give it tactfully.

Sometimes I will give some criticism (usually in the Powder Room) and a reason I don't like something: it doesn't go with the person's coloring or the rest of the outfit, it isn't quite right for the occasion, or it just isn't flattering on her figure.

You're likely to get more honest criticism if you present a few choices of things you haven't yet bought.

Goose.

Practically Family
Mr. Paladin said:
Goose, between you, Carter, and Woodfluter, I laughed until I cried. That is TOO funny! Thanks for the laugh, I had a lousy night at work as well.
Yep Mr P. and you are welcome. :)
Feel your pain. I gotta herd eveyone up to meet a deadline because someone else didn't.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
I posted honest opinions when I saw the thread title: Please help assess my hats…...

I remain silent if I see mediocrity hats or ones which look straightforward as they were just pulled out from a dog's fangs or look half-rotten as being exhumated from somewhere.

I know that one can find beauty in the garbage bin but I believe in general that quality has its price.

This does not mean that custom hatters don't screw up with styles, colors at times and can't be surpassed by production hats in terms of dimensions, color and clean design.

I believe that quantity never turns into quality this is why so many bad hats are traded and sold and re-sold.

I stay away from commenting threads and hat types or colors which I don’t like.

I also delete my crap posts where even I think they have nothing to say.

I refrain from telling people to stop posing around all the time - I could be told the same one day[huh] .

PS: I cannot relate to the Powder Room since it is forbidden for men - and the Ladies of the Lounge thread has been also deleted from the coed Observation bar.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
I believe that quantity never turns into quality this is why so many bad hats are traded and sold and re-sold.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree somewhat...but
I've only bought a couple of bad hats,they were on ebay.I did not pass them on ,I threw them away.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
tinmanzzz said:
Ok, Ok,,Ok so maybe I lied a few times. :rolleyes:
So let me be Totally, Frankly and Earnestly honest with all of you :eek: :eek:

I think everyone of you look GREAT !!!!!!
(Except for that one guy with the funny hat, You know the one...;) ;)
Why are you picking on me? I thought this hat had character and style....

I mean I probably woulnd't wear it with my Tux but a nice black pinstripe maybe....

16iie8m.jpg

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Wow! I was getting ready to send you my Frito's corn chips.

Cliff

Thank you sir, I will take them...they go great with chili.

Actually we were having a Cinco De Mayo lunch at work and I brought that in as a decoration and someone asked me to put it on for a pic........

But I am glad it didn't kill the thread as it is up and moving again......LOL

Cliffnopus

One of the Regulars
Thank you sir, I will take them...they go great with chili.

Actually we were having a Cinco De Mayo lunch at work and I brought that in as a decoration and someone asked me to put it on for a pic........

But I am glad it didn't kill the thread as it is up and moving again......LOL

I'll bet there's a lot of folks who don't know the Frito Bandito reference. Can't make commercials like these anymore, world is too PC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkO9fVBky0I&feature=related

Cliff

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I'll bet there's a lot of folks who don't know the Frito Bandito reference. Can't make commercials like these anymore, world is too PC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkO9fVBky0I&feature=related

Cliff

Mel Blanc, who provided the voice for the Frito Bandito, wrote in his autobiography that the character was killed off because it came at a time when Mexicans/Chicanos were attempting to eradicate negative stereotypes. Had it been introduced twenty-five years later, he opined, the character (the second version) likely wouldn't have caused the same furor...

Gene

Practically Family
Mel Blanc, who provided the voice for the Frito Bandito, wrote in his autobiography that the character was killed off because it came at a time when Mexicans/Chicanos were attempting to eradicate negative stereotypes. Had it been introduced twenty-five years later, he opined, the character (the second version) likely wouldn't have caused the same furor...

No kidding, just watch some Telemundo sometime! Frito Bandito is TAME compared to some of those stereotypes

JimWagner

Practically Family

When people use their cell phones to take their own pictures they are actually getting a distorted image because of the wide angle lens at arm's length. It throws off the actual proportions and isn't truly representative of what someone actually looking at you would see. Take that into account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo