Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open crown delights

Tatton Baird Open Crown

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1693.JPG

IMG_1696.JPG

IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

Make a buffalo faint from a hundred yards. Oh, I hear spurs . . .
I’ve posted this pic before but it deserves to be here too. This is Navajo philosopher, medicine man & healer Curley Mustache Begay & his son Hosteen Begay. The University of New Mexico has a collection of his writings & teachings. Back when I was trying to read them before the internet, they were hard to get. They may be online today; I don’t know. Curley Mustache lived to be ~104 yrs of age; Hosteen passed at 94. A fitting picture, I think.

IMG_0422.jpeg

IMG_5858.jpeg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
I’ve posted this pic before but it deserves to be here too. This is Navajo philosopher, medicine man & healer Curley Mustache Begay & his son Hosteen Begay. The University of New Mexico has a collection of his writings & teachings. Back when I was trying to read them before the internet, they were hard to get. They may be online today; I don’t know. Curley Mustache lived to be ~104 yrs of age; Hosteen passed at 94. A fitting picture, I think.

View attachment 613732
View attachment 613733
Very cool!

Here is one I am in the process of making for myself. Winchester western weight beaver felt in steel. It was a 'second' quality due to its uneven dye job. Just a hair under 6" on the open crown and I have decided to leave it open. The lighter patches in the picture are actual variations in the dye job. Next step will be to attempt at 'luring' to even out the dye.
steel1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred