Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
I've been promised a fedora of my choice for the upcoming holiday, been looking at the current Stetson Strats, but seeing the stuff here is seriously making me rethink it. Or I'm gonna have to wait till next year when they add these to their "normal" stock. But also cant wait to see what Stetson is rolling out for their 150th. Grrrr

RBH

Bartender
Welcome to the Lounge RDA.
I cant say as to the wait... but from what the new Premiere Stratoliner looks like. I would think the wait would be worth it.
While the reissued Stratoliner is a nice hat...it does not have the specs that the Premiere has.

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
Too true, but unfortunitely I wont be able to hold out, I'm having a hard enough time holding off to the holidays. It doesnt help I've been drooling over the revamped Strat on Hats in the Belfrey/Delmonicos sites.
And my family considers me hard to shop for so this makes it easy for this year & next. 8) I have a black wool foldup that I'm sure some would call a POS ripoff fedora, but it has special meaning for me so it stays, heh. The revamped Strat is a start for me into the world of "good" fedoras, one day I hope to get a nice custom hat & one of the premiere Strats or Stetsonian but I want to make sure it will work for me first.

I do hope that HatWrks (? I think?) will continue to make these, I'm working on my lil piece of the world by wearing my wool one, which is better than those lousy ballcaps ;P that are so prevelent in my neck of the woods here on the DelMarVa peninsula, so next year when I get my premiere it will be better, they can see what a real hat looks like & its not a stringy, heheh. (j/k, stringys are okay just not my cup of tea)

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Elias as others have stated you may want to read this thread carefully all the way thru again.
Hat shops where offered this line of hats across the US not just one shop.
Jeff a long standing member of the Lounge posted that DelMonico's Delmonico hatters website
was getting ready to place their order and if you want to make sure that you where able to get one in your size and choice of colors to call by a certain date. Now this doesn't mean that they will not order more of the hats and you can pick one up then. But once the hats start showing up here and if they are as good as we hope there will be stampede of the lurkers on this forum to purchase the hats. It happen when Stetson brought out their milan Strat's they didn't last long online at all.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Elias as others have stated you may want to read this thread carefully all the way thru again.
Hat shops where offered this line of hats across the US not just one shop.
Jeff a long standing member of the Lounge posted that DelMonico's Delmonico hatters website
was getting ready to place their order and if you want to make sure that you where able to get one in your size and choice of colors to call by a certain date. Now this doesn't mean that they will not order more of the hats and you can pick one up then. But once the hats start showing up here and if they are as good as we hope there will be stampede of the lurkers on this forum to purchase the hats. It happen when Stetson brought out their milan Strat's they didn't last long online at all.

We did order more hats then what what was pre-ordered. We hope just like any new product that theses hats take off and we can make them a full time stock item for us. Even if it does not we can always order anything from the Stetson line in 4 to 6 weeks production time. And like most hat makers given a big enough order they will make what ever you want. Borsalino as of this year is no longer offering the Alessandria in their catalog. However we placed a large order for them through Borsalino USA in New York and have been told we are the only US hatter to do so this year. We have been informed that our Alessandrias have cleared customs and we should have them this week in Silverbelly and Charcoal Grey.

Jeff

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
Sorry guys, I didnt mean to imply that HatWrks was the only one offering them. I thought they were the ones getting them made then dealing them out via distribution to the other shops, like Delmonico.
Sorry for any misunderstandings, its totally my fault.

And I've been a lurker here for a couple years now at least, I had signed up back in '08 as Elias, but lost access to my email used for a bit, when I was able to wrest my domain/email back I think that acct was erased from the servers here as I nowadays cant get the system here to resend the pw, so I became EliasRDA.

I do hope that these hats sell well, my folks are in their early 70's & my dad remembers his dad & fellow workers in NY wearing fedoras, my moms dad worked a farm so he apparently didnt. But I grew up on the old shows where they wore them, its just taken me a few years (& quite a bit growing up) to realize BB caps arent the end all, be all. Plus cowboy hats here on the peninsula just gets wierd looks most of the time, fedoras dont.
Quite a few gentlemen here wear them for Sunday church, mostly Southern Baptists, & in the summer I'm seeing a lot of straw fedoras now.

So, while I'm not going to get the premiere Strat/Stetsonian right now, I wish they take off well enough to remain in stock, so more can be exposed to them.

I think I'm going back to lurking. :p

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
We did order more hats then what what was pre-ordered. We hope just like any new product that theses hats take off and we can make them a full time stock item for us. Even if it does not we can always order anything from the Stetson line in 4 to 6 weeks production time. And like most hat makers given a big enough order they will make what ever you want. Borsalino as of this year is no longer offering the Alessandria in their catalog. However we placed a large order for them through Borsalino USA in New York and have been told we are the only US hatter to do so this year. We have been informed that our Alessandrias have cleared customs and we should have them this week in Silverbelly and Charcoal Grey.

Jeff

Jeff, I know this acct is too new to PM me so please forgive me for asking this here.. but any idea when Delmonico may be adding the new Stetson Strats or Stetsonian's to your website?
Or you will not be doing that at this time?

Thanks

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Jeff, I know this acct is too new to PM me so please forgive me for asking this here.. but any idea when Delmonico may be adding the new Stetson Strats or Stetsonian's to your website?
Or you will not be doing that at this time?

Thanks
I think we will add them when they come in. If you want to order one you can call in and we will take an order for the hat that you would like.

Jeff

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
EliasRDA please stay and chat awhile this is really a fun place. Rob I have a preporduction sample sitting on my work station if you have any questions

Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn