Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the updates on the new arrivals - the style looks good.

Is anyone brave enough to wear one in heavy rain? Living in the UK a hat that shrinks in the rain would be a deal breaker :)

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Latest pic from Stetson headquarters.
ny8e5are.jpg

Matt found a cool hat display.
An a bunch of hats.
tumblr_mwgrm1q00t1r91qw7o1_1280.jpg

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
For the life of me I can't understand how a would-be hat buyer wouldn't prefer that hat over just about anything else he would come across in a hat retail store.

As someone who preferred another hat to the new premium Stetson.. I brought the older "modern" Strato over the new ones because of one current fact... Stetson has not offered it yet in a color I wanted. Plain & simple.

Will I buy a new Premium if they offer it in different colors? Heck yes, fast than the speed of sound. I'm picking up some extra side jobs to set the money aside if they do. And if they dont, well, then I may just be contacting you or another custom hat maker instead.

So, chalk me up as someone who passed on the new Premiums to buy another retail hat, for now. [huh]

tommyK

One Too Many
As someone who preferred another hat to the new premium Stetson.. I brought the older "modern" Strato over the new ones because of one current fact... Stetson has not offered it yet in a color I wanted. Plain & simple.

Will I buy a new Premium if they offer it in different colors? Heck yes, fast than the speed of sound. I'm picking up some extra side jobs to set the money aside if they do. And if they dont, well, then I may just be contacting you or another custom hat maker instead.

So, chalk me up as someone who passed on the new Premiums to buy another retail hat, for now. [huh]

I too would like to see more colors (particularly a light or medium grey) in either hat. I'm afraid if these don't sell well enough we'll never see them. So I'll probably bite on the tawny Stetsonian. Maybe, in the fall when these actually are in stores I'll go to Besdor/Bencraft.

DougC

Practically Family
I just got home from Houston and found a new Strat! No pictures yet, but, I am VERY happy! My wife thinks the crown is too tall-she has no idea what she's talking about! The felt seems pretty nice-soft hand and even color...not as thin as my Borsalino, but, very soft to the touch and moldable dry. The liner is pretty nice-comparable to both my 20x and 10x cowboy hats. The band is very comfortable. Fit is true to size. I'm gonna hit it with some steam and I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.

DougC

Practically Family
Sorry Mike...the hat was waiting for me when I got back home from watching lacrosse games. I ordered from Delmonico.

Landman

One Too Many
Doug,

I misunderstood you. I thought you found a store in a Houston that had some in stock.

I hope you are going to show yours to Abe. It will be interesting to hear his comments:)

Landman

One Too Many
Thanks. I have one coming soon and he has seen pictures but he prefers to try a hat on before buying one because of his size. He is between a 7 7/8 and an 8 and has a hard time finding hats in his size. I wonder if Stetson is even making these new hats in such a large size. Maybe Jeff or Besdor may know if they make them that large?

Roan

One of the Regulars
So, I got my Stetsonian this last Saturday; I haven't had the chance to post pics yet. Personally, I'm very satisfied with the quality of the hat; very soft, supple felt. The liner is very nice, as is the sweatband; and a perfect fit.

2013-11-23150832.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner