Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

VetPsychWars

A-List Customer
pay no mind to the troll if you ignore him he'll get frustrated and go away. I like the pinch and the brim Roan Its got some great character, plenty of style, and more than a little panache.

Troll? I've got quite a few postings and none of them are remotely troll-like. Are we only allowed to say "oh, that unusual thing you did is super-wonderful"? I was surprised he did it, as that's by no means a usual way to wear a fedora. I'd not choose to do that.

If you guys are going to be jerks, then I'll be happy to be a jerk in return. But in the meantime, shut it.

Tom

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
And, to get back on topic, I see that Delmonico charged my card two days ago. I hope that means my Stetsonian is shipping soon!

Brad

viclip

Practically Family
Yesterday I paid for my premium Stetsonian. I eagerly await same, perhaps it'll be the first one to hit Canada. While googling trying to find out more about the old Brockville, Ontario plant that Stetson had operated commencing around 1935, I stumbled upon a pamphlet put out in 1965 entitled "The Stetson Century". It's probably well-known to many of you, but I thought I'd post the link for the information of newer members such as myself:

http://legacy.library.ucsf.edu/documentStore/t/e/g/teg29a00/Steg29a00.pdf

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
nusebusa.jpg

homburg prototype in the Stetson hat factory.

Is there a way to keep track of whether or not this hat will be produced? Or will I need to keep referring back to a Stetson website, somewhere?

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Our tracking shows it out for delivery

Jeff

Wow, and just like that, the mailman delivered it! Thanks, Jeff! This is a nice hat, and I don't even need to add the qualifier "for a modern production hat." Definitely worth the price, and a style I didn't have in my daily rotation. Kudos to Matt Deckard, Hatco, Stetson, and all the retailers offering this hat. :eusa_clap

Stetsonian.jpg

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Brad

(Subliminal message: Dobbs Classic line...)

Last edited:

Lotsahats

One Too Many
And, to get back on topic, I see that Delmonico charged my card two days ago. I hope that means my Stetsonian is shipping soon!

Brad

Can't wait to hear what you think, Brad!

Edit: wow, the delivery was faster than my scroll through the thread. Isn't it a nice hat?! I wore mine today. I really like it. Kudos to Stetson and Matt Deckard!

A

tommyK

One Too Many
Can't wait to hear what you think, Brad!

Edit: wow, the delivery was faster than my scroll through the thread. Isn't it a nice hat?! I wore mine today. I really like it. Kudos to Stetson and Matt Deckard!

A
+1 Very happy with my Stratoliner as well. You guys are going to have me ordering a Stetsonian now!

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
stetsonian!

Really liking my Stetsonian I got in the mail today! Really nice felt, easy to shape, nice hand. I plan to see how well it holds up to lots of wear. Regards

d70896303c50730d986f19be5560fa13_zpsc23f00ac.jpg
[/IMG]

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Good day today.I also got my Stetsonian.I like it,I like it,I like it.Did I mention I like this hat? Great job Stetson and Matt Deckard.I think that I see a Stratoliner in my near future.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
The new Stetsonian and Stratoliner are sharp looking hats folks. Thanks for sharing your grand new fedoras.

I have not contributed to this thread, as the conservative part of me has been waiting to see how the hats have turned out and what the comments of the owners might be. I am impressed with what I have seen so far. Stetson seems to be answering the minority of hat owners who have a discerning eye and better than normal hat experience with these versions. I am very tempted to add a "new" version of either hat to my hat closet. A huge luxury of the "new hats" is being able to choose a color. That will never, ever, be the case when sourcing vintage hats in my small size. I look at the vintage advertisements (like the copy of the Saturday Evening Post version in the pic below) and imagine what it must have been like to walk into a mens haberdashery and have many choices.

I do own a couple of vintage Stetsonians and Stratoliners. I really enjoy wearing them. Owning a new version would save me from wearing my vintage hats to their demise. For those interested, below is a pic of a vtg. Stetson Stetsonian (green) Twenty (with original box) and a vtg. Stratoliner (pine green).

IMG_6761-L.jpg

Congrats on the fine hats, Eric -

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner