Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opera Pumps

cufflinkmaniac

A-List Customer
I have a slight dilemma,I like the look of opera pumps,but my dj lapels are satin (I don't like grosgrain),and I am a firm believer that you don't wear gorsgrain if you have satin lapels and vice/versa.So,you can see my problem.Is it acceptable/possible to have the bows on the pumps changed to satin?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Satin lapels....Big mistake.

Satin may or may not survive the initial wearing, whereas grosgrain will outlive your grandchildren.

Suitable

New in Town
Funny that this should come up just when I've been looking to buy a pair of opera pumps. Can anyone recommend a good source?

kschurch

Vendor
Allen Edmonds

Suitable said:
Funny that this should come up just when I've been looking to buy a pair of opera pumps. Can anyone recommend a good source?

Picture.jpg

I bought these from Allen Edmonds a few years ago. They are the "Ritz" model in a black suede cord. I love them! They are a nice change from patent leather.

The best place to find them is on the Allen Edmond's eBay store. Not many people are looking for opera pumps so they usually blow them out. If I remember correctly I paid around $80.00 for these. They have them in patent leather as well.

If you keep looking on the site, they will eventually run some through.

Good Luck!

Suitable

New in Town
Thanks for the suggestions. I'd love to get some good patent-leather pumps like those for only $15.59. You got a great bargain.

I'll watch eBay for my rather large size, but I'll probably end up ordering from one of the other firms cited here.

anon`

One Too Many
kschurch said:
I bought these from Allen Edmonds a few years ago. They are the "Ritz" model in a black suede cord. I love them! They are a nice change from patent leather.
I'm so jealous of those shoes! I've been keeping tabs on AE's ebay store, but to no avail so far. Here's to hoping!

kschurch

Vendor
anon` said:
I'm so jealous of those shoes! I've been keeping tabs on AE's ebay store, but to no avail so far. Here's to hoping!

I've seen them pop up over the last year. I like them so much that I bought the lace-up version as well.

They have a very cool look with a tuxedo.

keep looking...they will show up eventually!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot