Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinion on this suit

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I have the opportunity to own this suit, it is not really vintage, it is by Ford. The price is not too bad, but I am not sure about the color and I think it is maybe a bit too much of a "push" to be made like it is vintage. My Wife wants to get it for me, but I would welcome some input.

Thanks!

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Look, if you're asking us about the suit, then you have a question in your mind about whether or not you want it. If you let your wife buy it, then you'll feel obligated to wear it. It appears to have a slight pink cast in that picture, so unless you're comfortable wearing pink, I'd pass on it.

Of course, this DOES depend on the price. Buying a $2.00 beer and not liking it isn't buying a $150 bottle of Scotch and not liking it.

later

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Turns out it's a $499.00 beer.
I am firing my Wife! She explained it was a beige color and knows I do not wear cotton suits, not knocking anyone that does, but for me they just do not hold a crease as well as silk or wool blend. The suit is not going to find it's way into my closet, and thanks for the input!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
In one additional comment, that suit is not even in my size! My wife downloaded the picture and put in into my photobucket for me to look at. Gave me the impression it was something I may like...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
At least you know she's not poisoning your food....she obviously wants to keep you around to humiliate you.:p

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Some of those over-exaggerated 70's lapels are just amazing...sssssst...

You could probably use it as a wingsuit... ;)

wingsuit.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Some of those over-exaggerated 70's lapels are just amazing...sssssst...

You could probably use it as a wingsuit... ;)

wingsuit.jpg
You are correct.

I have never seen these flying suits that are being worn in this picture! Just now took a look at what they are all about, man I tell you that has to be a blast to do!

Matt_the_chap

One of the Regulars
If I had that kind of money available, I feel perhaps a little ashamed to say that I'd buy it and wear it (if it were my size as well) with that red slip-over of mine. It looks rather '70s and I must admit to a possible shameful love of that era's tailoring, perhaps (depending on the suit) minus flares and just with wide legs.

It's quite a find, but doesn't seem to be your thing.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I would wear some suits with wide lapels, as I do have some now. But the pink would not be something I could do in a over all suit, and I just seem to shy away from cotton. When cotton is pressed it looks nice, but seems to not stay pressed looking for very long.

I think maybe my Wife was trying to prank me with this suit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR