Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions: Legendary Brand Buco J-24 D-Pocket H.H.

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
Come on folks just asking for a opinion. Have you heard of these guys? Their are a multiple of threads regarding, Schott one star and motorcycle jackets. This jacket has great feedback and horse hide Bucos. originals/repros. are super expensive.

I have this HH jacket made by Schott for LegendaryUSA. It' one of my main riding jackets..and I do quite like it.
Wow..new Black Stallions have gone up in price considerably in the last few years.

100_0396.jpg

HD

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
All's I know is that I bought a horsehide cafe racer from Schott and the arms were way too short for me. I am 6"0. Hoosier is 6"2, so I don't know how he did it. Maybe he's got really short arms for his height. Schott caters to the average height/arm length for Americans, which is well below six feet. I would assume that other bike jackets by Schott would have the same problem.

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
Interesting, I will wear a A-2 if I want to wear a brown jacket w/ my cycle. Problem is, their are multiple shades of brown. Yet only one shade of black. That is just one reason why people have their favorite company, skin and color regarding A-2's. I have read here, some just don't want a black motorcycle jacket. Just thought I would throw in the jacket is offered in brown, so those w/ a color preference would still be able to see another color option is available.

Last edited:
I posted Tommer's thread with pics and thoughts of his brown WildStallion simply to possibly give a better look at the hide and construction of Schotts version of the Buco. Isn't that what you were looking for? Same jacket as the BlackStallion except for color.
HD

Last edited:

IXL

One Too Many
I have this jacket, in brown, and really like it. It has a bit of a "sheen" to it. I'm 5'11" with monkey arms, to the extent that most long sleeve shirts I buy have to be the western style just so the arms are long enough, and the jacket fits me fine. Hammer Down must be a knuckle-dragger!! :)
When I wear this particular jacket I frequently get compliments...even from wimmin....even pretty ones......
There is no removable lining, which pretty much locks it in for cooler weather only. And for those so inclined, the D-pocket will accommodate a roscoe . There are even two zip-pockets at the rear of the jacket which make for a good stash location for valuables. All the zippers are heavy brass. The jacket gives one the impression of wearing light armor.

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
Yes, I appreciate the pictures, thank you Hoosier . For me color wasn't a issue, because I prefer black for a motorcycle Jacket . My intent was to involve those who would only consider brown in the conversation. Not many company's offer a authentic H.H. style in brown. The thread seemed to focus primarily on the jackets color vs. fit, quality, construction, etc., which was my interest. Yet I did think the pictures showed good detail. I guess a person can assume he wouldn't have gone to all that trouble if he was unhappy w/ the aspects I am considering. I may PM him and see if he is willing to post a update on his current feeling on the jacket.

Last edited:

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
Hey Hoosier how old is your legendary jacket and is their sizing correct? What are your thoughts? It seems a much more realistic cut for the modern rider than a Schott 618.

Hey Hoosier how old is your legendary jacket and is their sizing correct? What are your thoughts? It seems a much more realistic cut for the modern rider than a Schott 618.

Schott doesn't make this jacket that I have anymore(Retro '40s Schott). I've probably had it for 5 or 6 yrs now. It fit true to size for a standard jacket. Got it on sale for almost 1/2 price shortly before it was discontinued.
HD

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
I can get a brand new Schott 618 HH from a retail store for $560 shipped directly from the factory to my home. I Really like the Legendary Buco but....... the price and the company history keep me thinking about the 618.

dinomartino1

A-List Customer
I bought one a few years ago and it is a well made jacket, the sizing is a bit than bigger than a 618.
If you email schott they will send you a size chart for their jackets with all the measurements which is not on their website but not for the ones they make for legendary, legendary also have the measurements for each of their jackets. I have a 618, I think the legendary is way better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24