Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on Akubra Banjo Patterson?

macawber

Familiar Face
Meershaum

I live in Australia and have an Akubra hatter nearby. I have been eyeing a western style hat and the Kiandra is one of them. For my money I like the Kiandra, it looks the best on me.

Raindog

One of the Regulars
Just thought I'd chip in and mention that I've got an Akubra Drover, 20 years old, off Ebay. It's been abused by kids and used as a plaything over that 20 year period.
When I got it it was a misshapen mess. I sprayed it with water, reshaped it, and it looks great now. Akubras can take a beating and literally improve with age :)

Havana

One of the Regulars
I have been wearing Akubras for over a decade now and I can't praise them enough. Great looking hats and very durable. Mine have been rained on many times. You simply cannot find a better hat for the same money. I like to get the 'Cattleman', pinch the front, and roll the brim, as in my avatar. These hats can be shaped and reshaped many times. I have four like this and love them. Not a premium dress hat but definitely a quality everyday hat.

meerschaum

New in Town
Macawber -

I like the Kiandra too, but I think I'm leaning more towards the Pilbara, because of the high crown. 2 questions about the Pilbara if anyone knows:

1. http://www.davidmorgan.com describes it as fully lined, but http://www.everythingaustralian.com.au says it's unlined. Anybody know which it is?

2. Both sites say the crown is 5-1/4" high. How does this compare to, say, the Stetson Open Road, or the Adventure Bilt fedora?

By the way, I wore the BP in a downpour the other day, and it came through like a champ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran