Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
I was simply making an observation. I've read on this forum that Optimo, somehow, only has color consistant Montecristis. The photo proves otherwise. It would be nice to see a focused shot.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I keep coming back to this picture. That color is amazing.

106_0646-vi.jpg

Shane

New in Town
Panamabob said:
I was simply making an observation. I've read on this forum that Optimo, somehow, only has color consistant Montecristis. The photo proves otherwise. It would be nice to see a focused shot.

Just ignore him. Maybe he'll go away. Probably not, though, given his attitude in every other panama thread.

barrowjh

One Too Many
I'd like to change direction, and see if any who have recently purchased one of Optimo's lightweight felts have noticed the fantastic job Graham does with the underwelt. I visited there a couple of weeks ago to get new wind strings on 4 of my nicest hats, and Tiffany did her level best to talk me into buying a new one. I couldn't really afford to do that, but I was really impressed by his implementation of an underwelt on those light felts - narrow and perfectly even all around (no folds evident) and ironed crisply flat. I thought the hat she was showing me had a plain edge until she pointed it out - the underwelt is implemented as a classy understatement of itself as opposed to a bawdy, conspicuous overstatement. I did not have a camera with me; can anyone add some pics of the underwelt I am talking about?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
barrowjh said:
Tiffany did her level best to talk me into buying a new one.

For me, that conversation goes something like:

Tiffany: "This? This is one of our lightweight felts. Would you like to see it?"

;)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
While money certainly is an object at Optimo, kid-in-a-candy-store syndrome sets in quickly. Tiffany is nice, but George the Animal Steel could sell hats there.

Aerol

A-List Customer
Optimo Monticristi color

I don't seem to remember any comment about Optimo being the only source for "pure" color. Could you give me the link?

BTW, I requested the texturing seen in my Homburg (see p.2 of this thread). I think it's just more interesting than flat white.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
mcarthur said:
soss54.jpg

Optimo montecristi superfino

McArthur,

This photo is great-very nice panama!

I am just curious what is the black teardrop shaped add-on at the bottom of the front brim - (bottom right of the photo)?
I haven't seen it before.

Regards:

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner