Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

RJR

That's really disappointing! The text on their site is a little goofy too...something like "We suggest you contact the original manufacturer." Do they have a lead on where to get a time machine? Odd too, since so much of their site and promotion talks about reviving the art of the traditional hatter. I'd think it would be worth maintaining this end of the business even if they needed to charge more.
I'm guessing that this will end up hurting them in the future.

Hats Matter

One of the Regulars
I have been following this forum for several years and finally decided to join. I started purchasing Optimo hats through Carolyn Busch's store (Fino Fino in Menlo Park CA) when Graham Thompson used to make his annual visit there. As a result, I have acquired more that a dozen hats, mostly fedoras but two Montecristi Panamas and two Milans through Optimo.

I have posted photos on other threads on this forum but I thought I would post here. This is a Dove Grey fedora from
Optimo.

download.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-16_8-42-38.png
    upload_2016-9-16_8-42-38.png
    15 KB · Views: 191

RJR

I have been following this forum for several years and finally decided to join. I started purchasing Optimo hats through Carolyn Busch's store (Fino Fino in Menlo Park CA) when Graham Thompson used to make his annual visit there. As a result, I have acquired more that a dozen hats, mostly fedoras but two Montecristi Panamas and two Milans through Optimo.

I have posted photos on other threads on this forum but I thought I would post here. This is a Dove Grey fedora from
Optimo.

View attachment 56744
Very nice.

KY Crusader

A-List Customer

Optimo.

View attachment 56744
Absolutely beautiful!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Ha! Sorry guys, more pics coming :D Had to cart my kids all over town for several hours in torrential downpours! Stay tuned...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Green Manhattan. Immediately this hat stands alone in my collection. The color, fit, finish, and perhaps most of all, versatility, make this an easy go to right away. But I wasn't ready to wear it in the downpours right away, so it only got a little head time straight out of the box.

I really like my custom hats, but what a difference it made to be able to be fitted in person by a pro, and to be able to try on a range of styles, colors, and dimensions, with the assisting eye of the professionals in person.

IMG_0003 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0004 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0005 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0006 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0011 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0018 - Copy.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7397 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_7397 - Copy.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_7398 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_7398 - Copy.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_7400 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_7400 - Copy.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_7404 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_7404 - Copy.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 196

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Green Manhattan. Immediately this hat stands alone in my collection. The color, fit, finish, and perhaps most of all, versatility, make this an easy go to right away. But I wasn't ready to wear it in the downpours right away, so it only got a little head time straight out of the box.

I really like my custom hats, but what a difference it made to be able to be fitted in person by a pro, and to be able to try on a range of styles, colors, and dimensions, with the assisting eye of the professionals in person.

Jeff; WOW! I love the green Manhattan! Gorgeous felt and ribbon work. The felt has that forbidden look that makes you want to reach out and touch it. Congrats sir. Your Optimo testimonial is valuable as your hat rack has some mighty fine custom and vtg hats.

Wear the green fedora in pride. Look forward to seeing the hat in action. Best, Eric -

RJR

View attachment 57688 View attachment 57689 View attachment 57690 View attachment 57691 View attachment 57692 View attachment 57693
That is truly special,congrats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21