Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Lexybeast said:
797345944_9zdqE-M.jpg

:eusa_clap Did you order it at the shop or on the phone? What model did you have in mind, or how was it chosen if on the phone? Thanks and great hat!

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
daizawaguy said:
:eusa_clap Did you order it at the shop or on the phone? What model did you have in mind, or how was it chosen if on the phone? Thanks and great hat!

Thanks everyone! Daizawaguy, I called it in after receiving some felt samples in the mail. I've wanted to visit Chicago (as well Optimo's store), but haven't had a chance yet. Tiffani was a great - answered a lot of questions, and was an excellent consultant. I had no ribbon samples, but I let her know I wanted something more conservative and traditional vs too flashy, and she went ahead and picked this one out for me. It looks fantastic!

This particular hat is a Mitchum with a higher crown that what's pictured on their site; five inches I believe.

StylinLA

Familiar Face
That is sharp Lexy. Hard to believe it's green in the photos. Indeed the Oxblood is similar that way. You've got to really play with in the light to see it's bascially a brown.

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lexybeast said:
Thanks everyone! Daizawaguy, I called it in after receiving some felt samples in the mail. I've wanted to visit Chicago (as well Optimo's store), but haven't had a chance yet. Tiffani was a great - answered a lot of questions, and was an excellent consultant. I had no ribbon samples, but I let her know I wanted something more conservative and traditional vs too flashy, and she went ahead and picked this one out for me. It looks fantastic!

This particular hat is a Mitchum with a higher crown that what's pictured on their site; five inches I believe.

It looks good! How wide is the brim if I may ask?

BobC

My Optimo birthday hat arrived today! It was slated to be shipped on the 13th but showed up early. The turn around time was about six weeks.

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0313_2.jpg

I decided on Optimo's slate gray lightweight felt and asked them for a 1940's whippet clone. The ribbon is charcoal 1 1/4 inches wide with a 9 ligne brim binding in the same color. The creased crown is about 4 3/4 in the front and 4 1/4 in the back. The brim is 2 1/2 inches

I originally was considering the anthracite color, but when I saw the samples Tiffani sent I decided the anthracite was too close to black so decided to go with the slate. I'm glad I did. This color takes on a bluish cast in the light as is most obvious in the third picture. The hat is stunning, as Optimos always are.

deenis

Familiar Face
St.Ignatz said:
Swell hat Bob. I was taken by the Neptune Blue and SeaFoam Green. Were the felt still in stock did you notice?
Tom D.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, they still have those two colors. I just ordered the Fedora No. 1 in Neptune blue. I am really excited! Tiffany told me they are not really busy so I should have the hat in about 3 weeks......Deenis

BobC

deenis said:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, they still have those two colors. I just ordered the Fedora No. 1 in Neptune blue. I am really excited! Tiffany told me they are not really busy so I should have the hat in about 3 weeks......Deenis

That's great news for you, Deenis. Is this your first Optimo? I ordered mine on 1/20 and it arrived 3/5, though Tiffani gave me 3/15 as a ship date. I did mention to her that we have the Monteagle gathering starting 3/18 and I would like to have the hat to ride along. She told me it would likely ship earlier than her projection.

StylinLA

Familiar Face
Nice hat Bob. I have a similar one in Thunder Gray. It's a bit more of a pure gray which doesn't lean brown or blue. Slightly lighter than Charcoal.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
Hey Jimmy, See how he first throws a dig at you with the spring pic then leaves you out of the Sam?:eek: :eek: :D

Duly noted, my friend...

Rusty had best check his bed each night before he crawls in. I hear there are plenty of varmints around those cabins...:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn