Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I ran across an antique shop here in town that, apparently, I'd never seen before. Downtown, on a main street, even. And there are 2 stories of cool things.

I didn't buy anything, but some hats were interesting. The main thing was a Penneys Marathon, size 7, that had real nice felt, no liner or any indication there ever was one. Looks like a clone Strat/OR. Has some mothing. Well, lots of mothing, but I probably would have made an offer on it had it been my size. I think it was the only item in the entire shop without a price tag on it. It'd make a great beater, IMO.

i-hH857qW-S.jpg
i-CHZsJbB-S.jpg

i-DrSmBfz-S.jpg
i-jJLNdr8-S.jpg

Only 7-1/2 in the store. From a distance it looked interesting. Parabuntal?? Nope, just a no name shantung/paper hat. I might have been interested, but it looked a little fragile and the front brim need to be steamed down in the front for me to wear it. So I passed. A small Baileys hat next to it and 3 different Baileys downstairs, all westerns, all real small at 6-7/8 to 7.

i-ZRXT4cd-M.jpg
i-jV9hRWQ-M.jpg

There was some cool military stuff there, a US Navy shoulder holster with the serviceman's ID written on it, and a Vietnam era military cap with ID written inside and fur felt on the maker's tag, a size 7-1/8. There was a real thick Stratton state trooper hat, too.... and this gem. Maybe @Frunobulax could get this so his pup has a friend to play with???

i-gpXnDGp-XL.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass