Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oumuamua

I defer to you, as I did not actually watch it, but only read the press summaries. It’s a shame and a missed opportunity.
I made notes while watching. I need to look up the bios of these 18 to get an idea of what their pet projects are & how many gov’t grants & other funding they get. My honest impression at this point is that these people were handpicked to serve because they can be controlled. In other words, another Warren Commission.

A Dr. Sean Kirkpatrick of the Defense Dept talked about needing 24-hr monitoring from the ground in multiple locations & software systems are being optimized now. The optimizing of software reminded me of the excuses offered for how we missed the Chinese balloon & other objects shot down a few months ago. He also talked about the need to design new equipment capable of detecting the difference between balloons, drones, projectiles, natural objects & anomalies. They have already been experimenting with geomagnetic wave detection; they have probably been developing this as a weapon for sometime now. The UAP thing will just make it easier for Congress to fund.

Last edited:

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Heard a riff circulating around some London pubs punted Lakenheath Yanks and RAF Northolt about UFOs
sighted over Channel turned not actual fact but the China lad who sent the balloon to the States was shot by Xi.

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is actually kind of interesting. It gives us a window into the protocols and procedures that would theoretically kick-in if SETI telescopes were to pick up a signal from the stars. It also says something (maybe) that they went through the considerable trouble and expense —beaming the message from Mars— necessary to conduct this test.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/01/world/seti-alien-message-test-scn/index.html

Last edited:

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Mellon seems credible, quite so. Since I only skimmed over this article I'll stay my opinion until a more
thorough read although I can say his credentials are first class. I've heard of his Harvard equity group and his governmental credits are equally valid.

Tiki Tom

Fasten your seatbelts, gentlemen.
We have the name of one of the whistleblowers.
Two things impress me, right off the bat. First, the lawyer for the whistleblower is a former Inspector General. Secondly, one of the authors of this article is none other than Leslie Kean. She was one of the authors of the famous December 2017 New York Times article that first revealed the secret U.S. gov program investigating UAPs. Her credibility as a reporter is hard to beat.

https://thedebrief.org/intelligence-officials-say-u-s-has-retrieved-non-human-craft/

I don’t know what’s going to happen next, but could this be the proverbial crack in the dam? I will have to reread the article several times to fully understand it; it is packed with so much information.

Last edited:

Tiki Tom

It is important to give Equal consideration to the skeptical viewpoint. Here it is. Some good points, for sure. At the same time the article notes that “that said, there are reasons why it’s hard to outright dismiss the story” and he lays out a few of those points too. His reasons for skepticism tend to be very ”big picture” (why would aliens spend lots of time crossing vast distances only to crash when they arrived? And besides, humans are not capable of keeping such a big secret for so long). By contrast, his reasons for not dismissing the story are very pinpoint (the story has been thoroughly fact checked by respected journalists and there are very high level government officials who corroborate the account). Still, it is completely understandable how anyone might naturally think it’s an unbelievable tale.

https://news.yahoo.com/were-deeply-skeptical-government-whistleblower-152216927.html

Last edited:
I would like for a whistleblower to come forth with some clad metals not of this earth or perhaps evidence of elements not of this earth such as Element 115. There are claims of clad metals being found inside the mesa at Skinwalker Ranch but there have been so claims of Element 115 (or any other elements) since Bob Lazar all those yrs ago. The gov’t certainly has raided his property enough times looking for something.

Tiki Tom

Congress to hold hearing on whistleblower claims. Date to be announced in next few weeks. What to expect: probably a lot of “It’s being investigated”, “sorry, that’s classified top secret.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jun/08/ufo-house-representatives-hearing-investigation

I would like for a whistleblower to come forth with some clad metals not of this earth or perhaps evidence of elements not of this earth such as Element 115. There are claims of clad metals being found inside the mesa at Skinwalker Ranch but there have been so claims of Element 115 (or any other elements) since Bob Lazar all those yrs ago. The gov’t certainly has raided his property enough times looking for something.

First thing my wife said was “I bet Bob Lazar is feeling vindicated right now.” But you are right, what we really want is solid, tangible evidence that is well beyond hear-say. As I understand it, the “evidence “ that the whistleblower gave congress is hundreds of pages of transcripts of interviews with in-the-know people who are still alive. Please correct me if I missed something. It’s a step in the right direction, but still short of definitive evidence.

Somewhere I was reading “be careful what you wish for.” Proof of aliens visiting us would come as quite a shock and could also be pretty scary.

Tiki Tom

I mean, really folks, this story is dumbfounding. I’m not saying his allegations are true, but they have been found to be “credible and urgent” by competent legal authorities. Why is this not a front page headline on every news outlet?

https://thehill.com/opinion/4038159-stunning-ufo-crash-retrieval-allegations-deemed-credible-urgent/

I suppose the reason is as follows: When, having lunch with friends, family and acquaintances, we were discussing the news —dam blowup in Ukraine, ex-president indicted, fires in Canada— the usual. When I brought up this UFO whistleblower story, the table became suddenly quiet and everyone embarrassedly looked at me as if I had used a term that was not politically correct. For decades, if you brought up the word “ufo”, you were automatically considered a nut or an eccentric. Still seems to be the case. My wife chuckled and said that I have diverse interests.

So, seriously, is this a noteworthy story? Or have I gone around the bend? I think the former, but a reality check is good every now and then.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
It is important to give Equal consideration to the skeptical viewpoint. Here it is. Some good points, for sure. At the same time the article notes that “that said, there are reasons why it’s hard to outright dismiss the story” and he lays out a few of those points too. His reasons for skepticism tend to be very ”big picture” (why would aliens spend lots of time crossing vast distances only to crash when they arrived? And besides, humans are not capable of keeping such a big secret for so long). By contrast, his reasons for not dismissing the story are very pinpoint (the story has been thoroughly fact checked by respected journalists and there are very high level government officials who corroborate the account). Still, it is completely understandable how anyone might naturally think it’s an unbelievable tale.

https://news.yahoo.com/were-deeply-skeptical-government-whistleblower-152216927.html

As a former Intelligence corps British Army the man's rank puts his foot in the door but his claim is second handed,
no direct experience and a whistler lacking proof is immediately suspect. What motive or psychops here.-

Tiki Tom

Drip, drip, drip. More stunning claims come to light. It just keeps getting wilder and wilder:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-recovered-military-distorted-space-time.html

At some point, is someone going to jump out and yell “April fools”?

Can‘t wait for the hearing. Will be interesting, no matter what.

Credible Whistleblowers have been around for a long time. They just get ignored by our media giants. Just study the various speeches by Paul Hellyer. He was pretty much ignored in the US.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ments-to-reveal-ufo-information-10190024.html

It‘s a circular argument. For years I’ve been told that Hellyer is delusional. Of course, that doesn’t mean he is, but that is the standard line. So, we get right back to the “who can you believe” debate. One side says “he’s nuts and all of this is delusional.” The other side says “of course that’s what they want you to believe.” This won’t be settled until some hard proof gets coughed up.

I would only comment that the current whistleblower, David Grusch, could face jail time if it turns out that he is knowingly lying. Lying to Congress is, of course, a big deal and there are serious penalties. What could his motive possibly be? He’s already ruined his career.

Last edited:
It‘s a circular argument. For years I’ve been told that Hellyer is delusional. Of course, that doesn’t mean he is, but that is the standard line. So, we get right back to the “who can you believe” debate. One side says “he’s nuts and all of this is delusional.” The other side says “of course that’s what they want you to believe.” This won’t be settled until some hard proof gets coughed up.

I would only comment that the current whistleblower, David Grusch, could face jail time if it turns out that he is knowingly lying. Lying to Congress is, of course, a big deal and there are serious penalties. What could his motive possibly be? He’s already ruined his career.
It’s been pretty well documented that the US military has had a crash recovery team & the US gov’t has had some kind of shared technology agreement with those countries who cooperate with crash recovery, for some time now. We know that from the very foreign governments now trying to force our govt to disclose what it knows. There have been crash recoveries from at least Mexico & Brazil. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that this new whistleblower is still employed by the govt to slow & control what comes out in an attempt to satisfy & keep control of these foreign countries forcing the issue.

There are now more than a dozen countries with space programs trying to get to the moon. Some of these countries have never had a space program before. Some are spending more than their GNP on these programs. That can only be about one or two things: Imperialism or there are things there that will force the US (& others) to disclose more of what they know.

I’m trying to find one of the last speeches Hellyer made where he talked about the US program where some US Allie’s pay to support & be privy to the US efforts & shared technology. The Canadian economy was bad, the exchange rate always works against them, & the US was independent from foreign oil & not buying petroleum from Canada at the time. Hellyer’s point was that Canada could no longer afford to support US efforts in such a pay for play arrangement. I believe he also spoke about the US Solar Warden program. Hellyer lived to be 98 yrs old with no signs of dementia.

Tiki Tom

Latest development: Presumably in response to last week’s brouhaha about a whistleblower coming forward and plans to have congressional hearings regarding his claims, a new memo has come out. In it, a Canadian Member of Parliament recommends that the Minister of Defense develop a communication strategy to deal with upcoming revelations that Canada has been somehow participating in a Five Eyes back-engineering program. Question: is the memo real?

https://www.postapocalypticmedia.com/larry-maguire-ufo-uap-memo-letter/

Tiki Tom

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters