Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outfit help!

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
So, organising this 'faux' wedding for this museum here in the UK. Bride is sorted, groom is sorted (uniform! )
Me, well I really don't know. I have a plain Navy Frock, Navy Gaberdine fitted jacket, little tilt hat(maroon) and matching gloves and (now here's the tricky bit) Lovely-to-die-for-black suede-heels or ho-hum average but matching maroon mid height heels..blah blah..
I want to match...I want to be stylish but I also don't want to look like a frump...
Does everything really have to match??? My main worry is that I'm pretty hefty (but tall) and am not sure if I can get away with a little tilt hat. Usually I wear a big hat, but I don't have anything that matches.
Help!
Frumpy in England.:(

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think I speak for all of us when I say...PICTURES!!!! Post a pic of at least both pairs of shoes, with the matching gloves...I personally would go matchy-matchy. Also, of course you can wear a tilt hat!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Well, without pics I'd go matchy matchy. You'll look so put together, and the lower heels will be comfy.

I know how you feel tho, as I go round with the same dilemas. I think the problem for me is I don't have enough occasions to wear all of my goods. Wish we could just change our clothes 3 times during the event, ROFL!

Nikki

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Thanks ladies!

Hi both!
thanks for your replies.
I'll post a pic of the hat and gloves shortly. I'm think matching but you know when you just need to run it by someone?
tx
K;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925