Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Stuart DB suit

Luis

One of the Regulars
Or maybe even 70's.

If it will fit and you like it, why not? Would you wear it?

Oh yes I would wear it, it looks great to me. Reminds me of the suits from the movie Tough Guys 1986 (Kirk Douglas & Burt Lancaster) or even American Psycho with Christian Bale that took place in the 80s, wide lapels were still in.

I think with my VS custom and wingtips it would look perfect.
I called Paul Stuart New York yesterday to see if they could determine date by serial number but no so I came to you guys.

Update: So seller emailed back saying there is enough material at sleeve to let out. I noticed that there were 2 other people watching the suit so I went ahead and bought it.
Not many DB out there for sale and this one looked nice enough. Y pattern for the buttons, no holes tears.
Now I just need some suspenders and it will be a great outfit.

Last edited:

Luis

One of the Regulars
Suit arrived Friday (fits great!), took to get altered Monday (11th). Will be ready by Friday and post pics then.

Luis

One of the Regulars
Great looking suit no matter the age!
Congrats on getting it.
Rodney

Thanks Rodney!
Whoever previously owned it really took care of it. Probably be wearing it memorial day weekend out with the family.
Tailor I take it to only charging me $22 for sleeves and $9 for hemming trousers. They do solid work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24