Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul's Hat Works

JonSolo

New in Town
Paul's Hat Works - great hatters in San Francisco

So we were in San Francisco for my birthday and my family and I decided to pop in to the kindly hat shop on Geary St...

Kirsten (one of the four ladies that runs the shop, apparently) came over and helped us. She was very friendly, helpful and casually conversational as I tried on several of the fur felt fedoras they had in stock.

Unfortunately, they didn't have the right combination of colour and style that I was looking for, not to mention it was more than I was prepared to spend if I had bought an off the shelf hat on a whim. But Kirsten was lovely and I just wanted to share my experiences.

My next purchase is probably going to be from a custom hatter online (like David Garrison), but I really want to support Paul's Hat Works and will most likely buy a hat from them in the future.

John Galt

Vendor
They are very nice ladies. The quality of repair work on my vintage hats varied for me from excellent to unsatisfactory (perhaps depending on who did the work?) over several trips, and is what led me to start making my own repairs. Expense was certainly another concern, but that is not unique to Paul's.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
We have a Paul's Hat Works here in Louisville,ky. They have been on TV local news promoting the store. It's in the hip end of town. With my work schedule I have not had a chance to go an see the shop.

I am pretty happy hat wise right now. An I am a VS customer so there is not a lot of excitement to check it out.

Asmo

One of the Regulars
We have a Paul's Hat Works here in Louisville,ky. They have been on TV local news promoting the store. It's in the hip end of town. With my work schedule I have not had a chance to go an see the shop.

I am pretty happy hat wise right now. An I am a VS customer so there is not a lot of excitement to check it out.

Thanks for the tip. I find myself in Louisville often these days. I need to go check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner