Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pea Coat Buy and Sell Activity on Ebay Question

Spoonbelly

One of the Regulars
Does the buy and sell volume for pea coats diminish alot during the warmer months of the year? Is the volume the largest in the dead cold winter time of the year? Is the winter time the best time to sell a pea coat on Ebay?

captaincaveman1

A-List Customer
Spoonbelly said:
Does the buy and sell volume for pea coats diminish alot during the warmer months of the year? Is the volume the largest in the dead cold winter time of the year? Is the winter time the best time to sell a pea coat on Ebay?
Best time to sell would be in mid-December. That way you get the double bounce from Xmas shoppers and folks looking for winter wear. I sold two identical coats with NR in December and in late March. The former went for 450 while the latter only got up to 300. Go figure.

Best time to buy is probably late winter. At that time of year I see alot of folks trying to offload heavy winter coats since they no longer have immediete use for them. Demand probably slackens at that time of year too so items won't get bid up as much. At least that's my theory...

But most important of all... if you're selling it pays to describe the item with as much detail as you can and take alot of high quality pictures. I've bought poorly described jackets for a song and a dance and turned around and sold them for double the money. All this because the seller posted one crappy picture and one sentence about the item.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn