Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Penman stingy brim fedora

bendingoak

Vendor
Here's a stingy brim hat that I made for my sisters kid as a X-MAS gift. I made it after a hat that his grandfather ( my step father) used to wear. It was really hard to make this one because I had to go off of a small out of focused photo. I call all my non-Indy hats after people that has passed that I cared about. This one will be called "the Eddie" after him.

It's pure beaver
4 1/2 creased crown with a 2 1/2 brim
1 1/2 inch black ribbon

Please, let me know what you guys and dolls think.

IMG_0447.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I like It!!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Bendingoak do you also do bound brims?? These hats are really nice, but some would absolutely explode off the chart with a sweet brim binding!

bendingoak

Vendor
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Stingy brims are 2 1/2 inches and smaller.

I looking into doing bound edges but having a hard time finding a bound edge sewing machine.

I'm also working on my first lady's hat.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Don't want to ruffle feathers Bendingoak, but you may be the only hatter in the country that considers 2 1/2 "stingy". The common designation is 2" and smaller.

Belegnole

One of the Regulars
What a wonderful Christmas gift. I like the proportions even if 2" or less is a stingy.

Now to figure out how to get a couple more for myself....

Splitcoil

One of the Regulars
Wow!

That looks great! I'll chime in with my agreement that 2 1/2 inches isn't stingy, but you nailed the proportions on that hat. Regardless of labels, I think it looks perfect. Can we see inside?

bendingoak

Vendor
bendingoak said:

I looking into doing bound edges but having a hard time finding a bound edge sewing machine.

You could very well be right and I would never go against you at all. I have a lot of respect for your work. I called it that because of a hat that I used to base this hat on and something I read somewhere said that a stingy brim is 2 1/2 inches or less. I'm not a big fan of them or have I ever worn one.

I was just trying to get a replica of this hat my step father wore many years ago.

bendingoak

Vendor
bendingoak said:
You could very well be right and I would never go against you at all. I have a lot of respect for your work. I called it that because of a hat that I used to base this hat on and something I read somewhere said that a stingy brim is 2 1/2 inches or less. I'm not a big fan of them or have I ever worn one.

I was just trying to get a replica of this hat my step father wore many years ago.

thats a long story.

bendingoak

Vendor
Just one more update before the big holiday gets here. I am working on 12 hats right now in one stage or an other. I have 5 hats that need to be flanged and have their parts sewn in. On of the 5 is my sisters kid hat ( the Eddie ) being re-worked to get the specs right. I have 7 hats on blocks drying and these will take a long time to dry because it's really cold in my garage/workshop.

I have no idea when these will be done or even when I could get to the post office.

Everyone have a great holiday and thanks for finishing off a good year for me.

bendingoak

Vendor
bendingoak said:

Art, I have a question for you. When I make a Indy hat ( Raiders). I change the brim size depending on the size of the person. Would you do the same for a stingy brim fedora?

bendingoak

Vendor
Splitcoil said:
That looks great! I'll chime in with my agreement that 2 1/2 inches isn't stingy, but you nailed the proportions on that hat. Regardless of labels, I think it looks perfect. Can we see inside?

Sorry, I don't know how I missed you. I'm still getting use to the layout of the land here. So forgive me for being slow.

IMG_0313.jpg

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
White and bulbous

Whether it is stingy-brimmed or not, it is lovely. I quite like the penny-farthing logo. Did you chose it for any particular reason? Perhaps you should consider creating a hat called, "the number six."

bendingoak

Vendor
Delthayre said:
Whether it is stingy-brimmed or not, it is lovely. I quite like the penny-farthing logo. Did you chose it for any particular reason? Perhaps you should consider creating a hat called, "the number six."

I like the look of the bike and use it for the same reason PG used it.

BCNU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot