Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Perfect Weather

melanie

One of the Regulars
this weather is simply divine! I can definitely feel a picnic at the beach coming on. :)
What do you do to make your days out more vintagey? Do you take any of your ongoing craft projects with you, like knitting and crocheting? I long to sit in a nice deck chair and crochet by the sea, with our little wicker picnic basket by our side, crammed full of goodies. :)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
melanie said:
this weather is simply divine! I can definitely feel a picnic at the beach coming on. :)
Here are some pix from a previous FL picnic.

And here are more picnic related threads to thumb trough.

Welcome melanie and enjoy. :)

Mike K.

One Too Many
Wish I had some perfect weather here. It's been averaging 95+ degrees and about 75% humidity. Not great for a picnic, BBQ, etc. but just fine for hangin' at the beach (no tar/oil here...yet :D).

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
If it's deck chairs you're after we went to Skegness today (my OH had a cricket game there) and on the pier they had deck chairs free to use. You just have to point it out to sea so that you can't see the aweful fair ground but then you'd still be facing the wind farm. *Sigh*
xxx

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
If it's summer, for me it has to be watching a local club cricket game on a sunny weekend. Thermos of tea, sandwiches, a couple of scotch eggs or bacon and egg pie, some fruitcake or pikelets with jam and a bag of oranges. Deckchairs, the sound of leather on willow, magic.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Smithy said:
If it's summer, for me it has to be watching a local club cricket game on a sunny weekend. Thermos of tea, sandwiches, a couple of scotch eggs or bacon and egg pie, some fruitcake or pikelets with jam and a bag of oranges. Deckchairs, the sound of leather on willow, magic.

Bacon and egg pie? I haven't had one of them in years. Brilliant idea, thanks!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Puzzicato said:
Bacon and egg pie? I haven't had one of them in years. Brilliant idea, thanks!

I'm a real sucker for them Puzzicato and they were always part of a picnic when I was a kid. Simple to make and just as good cold as hot. Good with a bit of decent chutney as well ;)

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
Smithy said:
Heaven!! Cricket tea. It's all about the cricket tea. The standard is measured by the cake on offer and if it is homemade. :D
Sunny day, lush green grass, bright blue sky and little white figures running around and shouting. That's summer time.

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
melanie said:
Hiya rosie, I love Skeggy :) Wish our local beach would put deck chairs out. :)

Smithy, your picnic sounds fab. :)
I'm not Skegness' number one fan. When I go I always wish it had retained some of it's old charm but the truth is it's been taken over by plastic and tat.
The pier is lovely though. Apart from the wind farm but I suppose it has to go somewhere.
We are having a picnic at Holkham Hall in 2 week's time for our friend's birthday. We did Chatsworth House last year and it was literally the most perfect day. We all called it "the picnic of childhood dreams" because when you're a kid and you think of picnics it's loads of food and cake and it's sunny and lush. But in reality it's windy and the food is warm and it's only a few sandwiches and generally not as great as you imagined. This year there will be homemade bunting strung up and of course plenty of Pimms. I'll try to remember to post a pic for you.

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
Mike K. said:
Wish I had some perfect weather here. It's been averaging 95+ degrees and about 75% humidity. Not great for a picnic, BBQ, etc. but just fine for hangin' at the beach (no tar/oil here...yet :D).

75 to 80 degrees with around 50% humidity and little puffy clouds (chanelling Bob Ross here) would be just about perfect in Florida. Maybe some light rain to take the afternoon and evening temps down just a bit more.

I miss springtime. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner