Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Deck Jacket thread.

CatsCan

Practically Family
don't worry, the cuffs on the A-2 will be easily looking as good slightly folded up. I kept them as they are on mine so far. Could fold them up one time, though..

Last edited:

CatsCan

Practically Family
Looks great man! Great fit, I hope mine fits as good as that!
Thanks! I am really happy with it. First I thought how thin this thing is compared to my N-1s. But I was surprised how good it worked on a 34°F, rainy and drafty day out in the city last Saturday. I only had a thin merino baselayer and a light poly fleece underneath and was cosy warm even sitting outdoors in a Café watching people passing by.

I am sure it will look good on you! The Navy did know how to pattern things for a sharp look! Let us see the fit pics when you finally have it!

Last edited:

thatoreoguy

New in Town
Not an N! but Bronson just dropped a D-1 leather lambswool jacket
1705763809845.png
https://bronsonshop.com/collections.../usaaf-type-d-1-jacket?variant=44297763356888

CatsCan

Practically Family
I also got some A-2 deck pants that I am waiting on. These can be found in mint condition on ebay for very cheap.
Funny, I tried to get those, too. But no luck in my size so far. I know a fellow Lounger who has 'em in my size (36 inches) but don't dare to ask him, if he wants to get rid of them. There are many on ebay.com, most from US. But shipping costs make them quite expensive. I paid $45 shipping costs for my A-2 over here to Germany. But had a good deal on the A-2 though so it was tolerable.

mumpy

A-List Customer
Funny, I tried to get those, too. But no luck in my size so far. I know a fellow Lounger who has 'em in my size (36 inches) but don't dare to ask him, if he wants to get rid of them. There are many on ebay.com, most from US. But shipping costs make them quite expensive. I paid $45 shipping costs for my A-2 over here to Germany. But had a good deal on the A-2 though so it was tolerable.
One way of doing it is using some sort of proxy service (warehouse) and consolidate multiple packages into a single shipment. Downside is you have to wait longer.

CatsCan

Practically Family
I don't think it' worth troubling other people for a jacket or pants like these. It happens very seldom that I buy something in the US. That patricular jacket cost me $ 90 plus 45 shipping. Don't know how much I could have saved. I didn't have to pay import duties. I sometimes wonder why shipping from Canada is $ 15 while from the US they charge 45 for a jacket like this (all with ebay's international shipping program). Japanese often times ship for free to Germany. Perhaps it's politics.

4444Design

One of the Regulars
Some more deck-jackets - both are N4 and on their way to me and should arrive by Saturday

one in "small" with a submarine patch
qIEXqsj.jpg

another one in "medium" with various patches from 2 destroyers, 1 landing ship for tanks and a "radar picket ship" previously cargo-ship for airplane + 1 patch "COMIDEASTFOR" which is a acronym for "Commander, Middle East Forces"

8eaHwJv.jpg

SwhZciv.jpg

lW2qJ4t.jpg

CatsCan

Practically Family
D
Some more deck-jackets - both are N4 and on their way to me and should arrive by Saturday

one in "small" with a submarine patch
qIEXqsj.jpg

another one in "medium" with various patches from 2 destroyers, 1 landing ship for tanks and a "radar picket ship" previously cargo-ship for airplane + 1 patch "COMIDEASTFOR" which is a acronym for "Commander, Middle East Forces"

8eaHwJv.jpg

SwhZciv.jpg

lW2qJ4t.jpg
Did I see the first one on Kleinanzeigen recently?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner