Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Period Short Waist Half-Belt

DavidVillaJr

One of the Regulars
I really like the double button cuffs.

What do they measure?

I've got an old jacket with some ruined knits that I would like to add leather cuffs to, but they need to be 4" or something silly like that.

I like the size of your cuffs and it's gotten me thinking.

dv

jon z

One of the Regulars
It's not a cuff in the true sense of the word, ie an extra piece of material that extends on from the sleeve end. It is a decorative feature on the front half of the sleeves only. The 'cuff' seam tapers from the outside sleeve seam from 3" to 2.5" inches at the inside sleeve seam.

BellyTank said:
Maybe just a thought.
I've had a few Canadian jackets in the past- some, even with labels.
But you do see jackets turning up in the 'States, that don't -quite- look like typical American fare- sometimes a little oddball, within the context of N.American vintage.
Of course you see the odd one with a Lightning zip and a label, stating origin,
which is a good clue.:)

If you're familiar with vintage British and American leathers, you may observe
something of the British in Canadian leathers and perhaps outerwear in general, or maybe not.

I may be alone on this one.:(

B
T
OK. I can see the logic in that. I just assumed it was of US origin because it came from there to me &, wrongly I guess, I associate HH jackets primarily with the US. A makers label would be great but it doesn't have one & there is no sign now that there ever was. The zip is Conmatic as previously stated if that helps. If it is not of US origin it's no biggy for me as I like it just the same. James' jacket which appears the same as mine apart from at least the zip being different may have a makers label?

British vintage is not really something I've gotten into so can't comment on whether there are influences of it in Canadian vintage.

jon z

One of the Regulars
BellyTank said:
I may be totally wrong here-

B
T
Agreed but it's given me something to ponder on that I hadn't considered before. Anyway it's a sure thing that it's made in one of the two countries so you've a 50% chance of being totally right. It would be cool if someone came up with period sales literature relating to these jackets. That would make my day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff